Final Roster ?

2 names coming up as cuts are ILB Burks and OT Wagner. With Taylor performing so we'll the LOT is Wagner gets cut for cap reasons and he only plays T.

iLB Martin has been a big surprise in camp that the Pack rolled the dice on.

The WR group is a hard read. Today (Sunday) is suppose to be close as they can get to game type action and final evals for making team and cuts will be figured out as all hands on deck watching players and taping.
But Wagner is not saving that much in cap and you need depth if someone gets hurt you are then going into depth that is crappy. You cut Wagner your backup choices are Alex Light and John Leglue Burks I still like him over Summers who I still question if he can tackle.

Wagner saves over 2 mi in cap if what heard was correct
Yeah about that but is $2 million worth having crappy backups if you have Turner or Bak get hurt? To me that $2 million is worth keeping him as a insurance policy agianst a injury.

I get it but forget the name(s) of guys drafted that guess have shown up and improved and who they are high on.

I get your point but as always comes down to numbers for each position and money. 2 mil is a lot for a back up RT with history past and might be only an insurance policy

Heard this on the radio today. With Kamal Martin out and only crappy choices at ILB, and with both Turner and Wagner not 100% and Light looking like a crappy swing tackle is there interest in bringing back Clay Matthews to plays some ILB part-time and Jared Veldheer to be the swing tackle? Both know the schemes and would come fairly cheap.

I'd be OK (not thrilled) with both options. Sometimes when you haven't done enough to address depth properly you have to look elsewhere. These would be a pair of one-year, short-term "fixes".

Heard this on the radio today. With Kamal Martin out and only crappy choices at ILB, and with both Turner and Wagner not 100% and Light looking like a crappy swing tackle is there interest in bringing back Clay Matthews to plays some ILB part-time and Jared Veldheer to be the swing tackle? Both know the schemes and would come fairly cheap.

I'd be OK (not thrilled) with both options. Sometimes when you haven't done enough to address depth properly you have to look elsewhere. These would be a pair of one-year, short-term "fixes".
I would bring back Veldheer as he would be better then light as a backup and maybe better then Wagner to start.

Matthews I think besides Seattle bringing him in for a tryout I don't think he has had any interest his career is probalby over.

i said this in shout!: i still don't know why we let veldheer go in the first place. a reasonably priced vet who knows our system. and he seems interested

Screenshot - 9_3_2020 , 5_30_05 PM.png

Back