End of a good run!

TW

Reaction score
The Bucks ended up being beaten by the very thing they brought to the table through the first two games of these playoffs with the Raptors. They'd wear teams down by moving the ball around on offense, forcing them to constantly be on the move on defense. Then, inexplicably, they totally abandoned the concept and ended up being fed the same thing, which destroyed them.

I'm not certain if the Bucks just hit a perfect storm against the Raptors or if they are in need of minor or somewhat more serious tweaking. I do know one thing. They had a great season, and it ended badly.

Another point I'm going to make. As good as Giannis is, he can also be a liability. He showed his weaknesses for several games against the Raptors, and quite honestly, I don't believe he gets the MVP over Harden. Voters, like it or not, see how he failed to deliver over the last week, and even though Harden's team got beat, he was there, leading them strongly as they went down. Giannis didn't do that.

I read a Bucks article during the Boston series that mentioned it is unusual for a team (like the Bucks) to go from one-and-done series like they were the year before and go all the way to the finals. The writer said he wouldn't bet against it, but that history was against the Bucks because they were a young team that had not experienced a deep run in the playoffs before. The writer said that teams that contend for the championship go through a process where they take steps, year by year, to go deeper and deeper in the playoffs until they reach the championship series.
Maybe that's what we saw in the Bucks this year.

• Informative
Reactions: TW
I read a Bucks article during the Boston series that mentioned it is unusual for a team (like the Bucks) to go from one-and-done series like they were the year before and go all the way to the finals. The writer said he wouldn't bet against it, but that history was against the Bucks because they were a young team that had not experienced a deep run in the playoffs before. The writer said that teams that contend for the championship go through a process where they take steps, year by year, to go deeper and deeper in the playoffs until they reach the championship series.
Maybe that's what we saw in the Bucks this year.

Interesting synopsis. Could very well have hit the nail on the head.

I admit I didn’t really follow this series closely but if a team wins 4 in a row against you, I think you just have to tip your cap and say they’re the better team.

For those who know, how does NBA roster dynamics work for this Bucks team next year? It seems to me stars in the NBA are always on the move so makes it hard to build something over the course of a few years.

The stronger team won - stronger willed. The Bucks had a 15 pt lead late in the 3rd quarter. I was not able to watch other than in bits and pieces, but I walked in at that point. I watched Bledsoe dribble around and take a bad off-balance shot and Giannis dribble around and throw up a piece of crap 3 pointer on consecutive possesionwith no offense being run in either case. The lead was down to 5 points in a few possessions. I knew right then that they were done.

They have a number of roster decisions to make. They'll be discussed for the next 3-4 months.

I watched Bledsoe dribble around and take a bad off-balance shot and Giannis dribble around and throw up a piece of crap 3 pointer on consecutive possesionwith no offense being run in either case. The lead was down to 5 points in a few possessions. I knew right then that they were done.

This is exactly what happened in each game as they lost their edge. Strangely enough, the coach did not seem to address the issue. I don't get it. It's like they suddenly would go brain dead.

I don't believe he gets the MVP over Harden. Voters, like it or not, see how he failed to deliver over the last week, and even though Harden's team got beat, he was there, leading them strongly as they went down. Giannis didn't do that.
MVP vote deadline was due end of regular season. Reggie Miller has been a vocal proponent of waiting till after playoffs but announcement is right after playoffs so it’s a league thing

Someone wrote article saying if Bucks don't get to finals next year they think Giannis walks. Not sure on that. I think 70% Giannis stays right at this time.

Someone wrote article saying if Bucks don't get to finals next year they think Giannis walks. Not sure on that. I think 70% Giannis stays right at this time.
No that’s not what the ESPN article said. It was a “source” who said reaching the finals could tip the scales

Back