Davante Traded!?

Maybe Adams and MVS leaving will be the chip that gets him up to show everybody that it was never the receivers?
You don't need spectacular receivers to win but no QB has ever been able to win much with bottom of the barrel receivers, and don't kid yourself, that's what it looks like for GB right now. Brady couldn't do it, Favre couldn't do it.

That said, one or two players can make a difference. Greg Jennings, James Jones and even Donald Lee at TE helped Favre bounce back in 2007, along with a strong running game. GB can absolutely follow that model in 2022, they've got a deep RB group to lean on already.

My point is - and Keg I'm not saying you're doing this - but cognitive dissonance can be a hell of a drug, and just because they're gone now doesn't mean they didn't bring something (a lot of something, in Adams case) to the team that needs to be replaced.

You don't need spectacular receivers to win but no QB has ever been able to win much with bottom of the barrel receivers, and don't kid yourself, that's what it looks like for GB right now. Brady couldn't do it, Favre couldn't do it.

That said, one or two players can make a difference. Greg Jennings, James Jones and even Donald Lee at TE helped Favre bounce back in 2007, along with a strong running game. GB can absolutely follow that model in 2022, they've got a deep RB group to lean on already.

My point is - and Keg I'm not saying you're doing this - but cognitive dissonance can be a hell of a drug, and just because they're gone now doesn't mean they didn't bring something (a lot of something, in Adams case) to the team that needs to be replaced.
Well stated and fully agree.

If cognitive dissonance is a request for my uke videos to return, you may get your wish.

But, I'm just thinking that Rodgers plays better with a chip on his shoulders. I think he knew that Adams was leaving but thought he had MVS. I think he believes MVS is primed to breakout. Now he's lost both. We won't be able to replace Adams. We might be able to replace MVS.

He'll have Tonyan and the old guy Tight End who I believe are solid. He likes Lazard. Maybe he's higher on New Rodgers than we are. And, if we can get somebody? Maybe total receiving production is close to what we had in the past and can power us to success.

Who knows, he might be primed to take us on another another take this and shove it up yours all of you who doubt me season. Or, he may be enjoying Green Bay and his ride into the sunset.

Unlike a lot of others, I believe and have always believed, in his own way, he likes Green Bay and WI and loves the Packer's history. I think Rodgers gets a lot of undeserved crap similar to many successful rich people who are living a life lunch pail guys like me can't.

As to the front office? I have no idea. I'm just along for the ride. Wish it was smoother cause I don't have big enough cushion for my behind.

"Are we sure Green Bay's front office, knowing how prickly and sensitive Rodgers is, isn't thinking, ‘This is your wide receiving corps, champ.’ And we know that when they struggle, he does not take well to criticism. And in a year, he'll say, ‘Get me out of here.’ It has been kind of odd that Green Bay won't go after any receivers."

"Are we sure Green Bay's front office, knowing how prickly and sensitive Rodgers is, isn't thinking, ‘This is your wide receiving corps, champ.’ And we know that when they struggle, he does not take well to criticism. And in a year, he'll say, ‘Get me out of here.’ It has been kind of odd that Green Bay won't go after any receivers."

Adams wanted out of GB. No amount of money was going to fix that. He wanted to play in Vegas with Carr. Accept it and move on

Adams wanted out of GB. No amount of money was going to fix that. He wanted to play in Vegas with Carr. Accept it and move on
I agree. He wanted to play for his favorite team as a kid and with his college buddy. Roughly same amount of money offered, he went where he wanted.

I don't think it shows dislike of or unhappiness with Green Bay. He just wanted to go to his childhood favorite team. Nothing more, nothing less

And Green Bay has showed interest in other receivers (see Devante Parker), but they just haven’t showed interest in the WR’s the media wants to talk about.

I’m in the camp that GB will sign a veteran WR. But it won’t be until after the draft.

The media just needs “clicks” at a slow time of year, IMO.

And Green Bay has showed interest in other receivers (see Devante Parker), but they just haven’t showed interest in the WR’s the media wants to talk about.

I’m in the camp that GB will sign a veteran WR. But it won’t be until after the draft.

Personally there is nobody there that is a sense of urgency to sign. Julio? OBJ? No thanks.

Why ? I don't see the need for a vet WR because as stated above there isn't anyone who will make an impact, just me.

Back