Crease Creature's CFB Top 20 and Bottom 5 (week four!)

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Last week's poll is found by clicking here and this week, throw ourselves into the breach once more!

1. Mississippi--another rather unimpressive week for our top teams, but Ole Miss beat a team from their conference, so they get to stay on top. This is hopefully the last week for ho-hum schedules. (Last: 1)
  2. Michigan State--an uninspiring performance against Central Michigan, there were bright spots. Given the goings-on in Columbus, you guys may just have what it takes to win the East. (Last: 2)
  3. LSU--gave up more points than you should have to Syracuse, but look at you guys playing a true road game out of conference. Also, you have one heck of a special running back. (Last: 4)
  4. Ohio State--I don't know why you guys continue to under-utilize Zeke Elliott. Give that man the football. Also, Urban, dude, you're not doing your quarterbacks any favors by answering questions politically. (Last: 5)
  5. TCU--maybe TT is better than I've given them credit for this year, but you guys went right down to the wire with a team that's going to finish 1 or 2 games over .500. Is this something to do with the brouhaha between you and Baylor? (Last: 3)
  6. Georgia--I almost put you above TCU, but you play like that again next week, you certainly will be. (Last: 6)
  7. UCLA--you took a team on my horizon (@Arizona) and absolutely dismantled them, a good road win, a solid conference win. Way to go rookie. (Last: 8)
  8. Notre Dame--when I tuned in a saw a 20-21 game, I was getting ready to slide you guys right out of the poll. Way to wake up and piss-pound a team that I honestly knew more about their hockey program than I did even the existence of their football team. (last: 7)
  9. Utah--you guys absolutely housed Oregon, you boat-raced them right off the field. The Ducks hadn't lost that bad at home since Star Wars was in theaters. The first time. That's 1977 for you folks keeping score at home. And the Ducks hadn't allowed a team to score 62 points on them at home ever. Ever. The Ducks were just embarrassed on special teams. The Utah punter had to snag a really high snap (one-handed catch!), and took it 33 yards. The Utes also ran a fake punt return (draw coverage to the normal returner, someone else fields the punt) that even had the Oregon punter covering the wrong side of the field. Bad bad day for Oregon. Somebody in the AP even gave the Utes their first place vote. (Last: NR)
  10. Alabama--shut out a nobody, but I suppose that's a good recovery after last week's loss. (last: 10)
  11. Florida State-inactive (Last: 11)
  12. Clemson-inactive (last: 12)--big showdown with #8 ND on Saturday
  13. Northwestern--is really starting to show just how far over their skis they are. Didn't cover the spread (17) against Ball State, winning only by 5. Beat Minnesota next week and all is forgiven, so long as you beat Michigan the week after. (last: 9)
  14. Wisconsin--Stave was much less impressive this week than he has been in previous weeks. Taiwan Deal is starting to show some stuff, the O-line is continuing to gel, and the defense may just be what wins games for this team. Shutouts carry a lot of weight with me ;) Big big big clash with Iowa on Saturday, the Heartland Trophy on the line. (last: 14)
  15. The UO/OU--inactive
  16. Oklahoma State--quarterback controversy anybody? Walsh is the only guy scoring points for you, but only plays inside the 15, the other guy can drive you down the field but doesn't offer much else. Only a monumental meltdown by Texas let you guys steal this game. But to your credit, and Coach Gundy's, you're the first opponent in the history of the world to beat the Longhorns 4 years in a row. (last: 13)
  17. Baylor--you hung 70 on Rice, and obviously whatever is going on between Briles and Patterson is affecting the TCU coach more. Seth Russell throws 6 TDs on 12 completions and the Bears compiled 793 yards of offense. Whoa. (last: 18)
  18. Toledo-- Arkansas State may be an FCS school, but they're in the Sun Belt, so I guess they're not...Anyway, you win!
  19. Stanford--You should probably be a little higher, but you're not right now. Let Toledo have their fun. (last: NR)
  20. USC--you get in solely on the merits of whooping ASU, who, admittedly, is a shell of their preseason hype, but it still makes me feel good in that dark place inside that enjoys the suffering of others. There's no way I could put A&M here... (last: NR)

Newcomers: Utah, Stanford
Welcome Back: USC
Dropped Out: Georgia Tech (almost qualified for PGBtF)
Pride Goeth Before the Fall: Oregon, Texas A&M*
On the Radar: Florida, Texas A&M*, Iowa, WVU
*If A&M had pulled that shit with anybody but Arkansas, they'd be fine. But it was Arkansas, so they're in the doghouse this week. Lucky I'm in a good mood or I'd consider them for the Pit. A win puts them back in the poll.

The Bottom Five
124. Nebraska
--21 points in the fourth quarter to Brett Favre's alma mater is not good. That you had to desperately hang on against that team to get your first win of the season is even worse. (Last: NR)
125. Arkanschadenfreudesas--I didn't see you guys lose in OT to A&M, but I bet it was clock mismanagement that had something to do with it. You let one get away there Bielema. (Last: 127)
126. Kansas--You let Rutgers, a team that is in total disarray: no coach, 6 guys suspended, a M.A.S.H. unit's worth of injuries, beat you 27-14. The NCAA should just do everyone a favor and hand you a mercy death penalty. (last: 124)
127. Missouri-yeah, so the only thing worse than barely beating a perennial bottom feeder is actually losing to one. Good work. (Last: 126)
128. Minnesota--you somehow showed up on two more people's polls this week (12) vs last week. You needed a last minute TD to defeat Ohio (the Bobcats). Keep just barely achieving. (Last: 128)

Climbed out of the Pit: Auburn (not that they got better)
Welcome to HELL! Nebraska

Thus concludeth the week's poll. Like I said above, things should start becoming much clearer in the next two weeks as conference play really fires up. I welcome any suggestions for the Bottom Five (or the top 20), just message them to me and I can incorporate things however they'll work out. I really want to stop bagging on these former Big XII teams, but they just won't let me!

We'll need a new #1 for next week's poll. Does TCU deserve to make the jump? I honestly don't know. Is the new #1 even on this list?

Back