Chryst to Rams?

TW

Reaction score
There are strong rumors out there that Paul Chryst could leave Wisconsin to take over as the head coach of the Los Angeles Rams. It's a stunning thought that he could be gone so soon, but the rumors aren't just idle talk, they're focused on what the Rams see as a guy who can build them into a winner.

As a Badger fan, I don't want to see it happen. As a Chryst fan, I root for him getting all he deserves. He's a fantastic coach.

Rumor has it, that if he goes, Wilcox will be going with him as defensive coordinator, but that's all speculation.

I just don't want to think about them leaving so soon after they got here. They can do so many good things for the Badgers.

No matter how much you hear as to how it's not true, there's more to it than people would think. Chryst's style of coaching is exactly what the Rams need, and if they want him, they'll pay to get him.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/201...-football-paul-chryst-los-angeles-rams-rumors

There are strong rumors out there that Paul Chryst could leave Wisconsin to take over as the head coach of the Los Angeles Rams. It's a stunning thought that he could be gone so soon, but the rumors aren't just idle talk, they're focused on what the Rams see as a guy who can build them into a winner.

As a Badger fan, I don't want to see it happen. As a Chryst fan, I root for him getting all he deserves. He's a fantastic coach.

Rumor has it, that if he goes, Wilcox will be going with him as defensive coordinator, but that's all speculation.

I just don't want to think about them leaving so soon after they got here. They can do so many good things for the Badgers.

No matter how much you hear as to how it's not true, there's more to it than people would think. Chryst's style of coaching is exactly what the Rams need, and if they want him, they'll pay to get him.

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/201...-football-paul-chryst-los-angeles-rams-rumors

Nothing to it TW...beware coaching rumor mill this time of year.

Chryst turned down a chance to be the OC in Dallas a few years ago
If any "rumors" came from a credible source that's one thing. This has no legs

Sometimes, rumors get legs. It usually depends on how receptive the person being named is - to the offer. In this case, at this point in time, nothing has been said by Chryst, which means it's pure rumor, nothing else.

But, by comparison, this would be a much better position than being OC in Dallas. This would be a chance to run the whole show, and gain pure financial security for your family with just one four year contract with certain guarantees.

Would he leave? I don't think he would, but in the end, the money, and family security, could weigh heavily.

But, just rumor, at this point.

Do I think somebody may have called someone's agent to get a feel for a level of interest - could be.

I just don't see Chryst going to the Rams and I don't see the Rams hiring him unless they have to go pretty far down their list.

I like Chryst. He's a great fit at UW and college coaching suits him. I'm not so sure L.A. is his kind of place. He's not particularly gifted as a speaker and in LA-LA land I don't think his style would be viewed favorably. They need a Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, James Franklin type. A guy to help be the face of the franchise and help sell the product and I'm not so sure PC is that kind of guy.

As for Wilcox leaving . . . well, I hope not, but I think he will leave UW sooner rather than later.

To quote another B1G coach: " these rumors are nothing but lies spread by our enemies!"

giphy.gif

The problem with this is that it's not even a rumor from a source. It's pure speculation from Peter King throwing names out there. As far as family and security Madison is a much better place for Chryst

Chryst can stay at UW for years to come. LA under a mircoscope. Plus LA will want big name coach not a small fish.

Back