Cheese Curds, 7/22: Packers submit to host NFL Draft, Matthews/Peppers agree to interview

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
usa-today-9394766.0.jpg

The possibility of a Draft in Green Bay is a step closer to reality, as the team has officially submitted a bid to host the event in the coming years.

There are just a few more days until the Green Bay Packers open up training camp, and on Thursday the team held its annual Shareholders Meeting. Coming out of this year's meeting is the news that the Packers are indeed making a serious push to host the NFL Draft in a few years - this is something that Mark Murphy had mentioned in the past, but now we know that the effort is official.

While the league's premier event of the offseason could be coming to town in the future, NFL representatives will be in Green Bay in a few days. Apparently the interviews that the league intends to conduct with two Packers players who were mentioned in a (since-recanted) story about performance-enhancing drug use. They are apparently not following the lead of one other NFL player who was mentioned in the report, however.

Also in today's Cheese Curds today, we find some examinations of the Packers' offense. The tight end position gets broken down, and there we learn that Eddie Lacy isn't the only Packer who has been working on losing some weight and reshaping his body this year.

Packers make bid to host 2019, '20 and '21 drafts | Packers.com
By then, the Titletown District developments should be either well underway or fully complete, making the area around Lambeau Field a more complete destination.

Packers pleased with progress of Richard Rodgers | JSOnline.com
New tight ends coach Brian Angelichio is happy with Rodgers' offseason; the tight end has reportedly lost some weight this year and that has helped his athleticism and agility.

Green Bay Packers confirm NFL will interview Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers over PED allegation | ESPN
While Steelers linebacker James Harrison issued a sworn affidavit and is refusing to submit to the interview, both Matthews and Peppers will indeed be discussing the situation with NFL investigators.

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Packers Offense Needs Third Down Improvement | Cheesehead TV[/BCOLOR]
The Packers went from converting third downs at an exceptional rate in 2014 to being near the bottom of the league last year - it ended up being a drop of about 1.5 conversions per game.

NFL.com analyst predicts Packers will play in Super Bowl LI | 247sports
Good choice, Elliot Harrison.

Vikings' stadium vandalized prior to official opening - NFL.com
I know it wasn't a Packers fan who threw a rock threw one of the 50-square-foot glass panels at U.S. Bank Stadium, right?

Continue reading @http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/ ...

I suspect folks think he is juicing because of his growth spurt in college and Cushing getting suspended for testing positive. From what I heard Clay's father was a late bloomer too. Unless CM3 also tested positive - and I googled it and couldn't find one instance when he did - should he be guilty by association? I do hope our guys aren't involved in this mess.

Problem I have if NFLPA says the player's are clean why the fight on HGH testing. If they are clean they should have nothing to hide.

Problem I have if NFLPA says the player's are clean why the fight on HGH testing. If they are clean they should have nothing to hide.

It's not as easy as Let's go test. There are disagreements on what substances should be banned. What should be legal and testing procedures. We have learned from other sports the procedure part is a big issue. Plus it's a Negotiation chip. Lot of moving parts

If a player has never tested positive why is the league still investigating? - unless they are searching for info about their teammates. I've heard the reason Neal is still unemployed is because of his drug use.

If a player has never tested positive why is the league still investigating? - unless they are searching for info about their teammates. I've heard the reason Neal is still unemployed is because of his drug use.

You don't have to test positive to be investigated. This was all goes back to when reports circled about Manning and HGH. Other names were linked to that report. At that point the league investigated. Do they have evidence? Who knows but where there is smoke sometimes there isfree.

After deflate gate and other blunders the league cannot afford another PR disaster. They are doing due diligence still investigating

Back