Badgers Wrestling Notebook: Brandvold promoted to associate head coach

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Wrestling-150x150.png

The Wisconsin wrestling team announced Monday that assistant coach Trevor Brandvold has been promoted to associate head coach.

Brandvold is entering his fourth season on head coach Barry Davis’ staff. During his competitive career, he was two-time All-American and Big Ten Champion for the Badgers.

“It’s kind of surreal because I’ve always been a Badger since I was born, listening to Badger football, basketball and following wrestling. It’s a part of who I am so to be able to continue to coach here is so exciting, I feel like it’s the place I’ve been called to be,” Brandvold said via a press release. “There’s so much excitement around our program right now and I’m so proud to be from Wisconsin and be part of the coaching staff that’s going to help turn our wrestling program back into a perennial powerhouse.”

Wisconsin also announced the addition of Camden Eppert as a volunteer assistant. Epper was a two-time NCAA qualifier and four-time Big Ten placewinner for Purdue. He most recently spent a year training at the USA Wrestling Regional Training Center in Madison.

Badgers lose out on Lawson

FloWrestling reported on Monday that touted recruit Kyle Lawson decommited from Wisconsin

Lawson, a three-time Ohio state champion is ranked eighth in the nation at 170 pounds and is the No.40 senior in the country according to Flo. He is reportedly headed to Oklahoma University where former Ohio State associate head coach Lou Rosselli recently took the reins.

Lawinger enters UW Hall of Fame

Rick Lawinger, Wisconsin’s first ever national champion was enshrined in the UW Athletics Hall of Fame this past weekend.

Lawinger won the national title at 142 pounds back in 1974. He sported a 39-1 record that season. He finished his career as a two-time All-American and two-time Big Ten Champion.

The post Badgers Wrestling Notebook: Brandvold promoted to associate head coach appeared first on Madtown Badgers.

Continue reading...

Good for Trevor

and why the heck would Lawson go to a crap program like OU? Have fun getting wasted by the Pokes every year.

Back