Badgers: What now along the defensive line?

Discussion in 'Badger Den' started by Mark87, Jun 12, 2018 at 6:04 PM.

1. Mark87

Mark87 Carpe Diem Admin

Ratings:
    +1,998 / 0
    http://madcitysportszone.com/2018/06/12/badgers-what-now-along-the-defensive-line/

2. Crease Creature

Crease Creature Lifetime Member

Ratings:
    +609 / 2
    Oh no, a series of injuries to the same position group where the guys hurt were figured to be leaders on the defense?

I think we've seen this show before, and if the guys stepping in do half as well as some of the LBs the last couple of seasons, we'll be ok.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TW

TW Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,275 / 14
    I thought we were a little thin on the DL? That said, they always do seem to dip into unexpected areas and find someone who's game ready pretty quickly.

I was wondering if Boyd Dietzen has put on a little muscle weight? If he has, he could be a new recruit who might win some playing time as a true freshman. I believe he's Jon Dietzen's cousin??? Maybe has blood lines like the Matthews family, Clay being in the present generation of football players?

At least the Badgers aren't in a position where they don't have time to prepare for the situation on the line. They could also use one of their younger, less used linebackers who has some weight to them, to play a down position. Who knows? Could turn into a great discovery that ends up like Tim Krumrie, moving from ILB to nose tackle, and being an All Pro in the NFL.

4. Mark87

Mark87 Carpe Diem Admin

Ratings:
    +1,998 / 0
    Nope not related at all.

5. 57packer

57packer 2018 Draft Guru

Ratings:
    +878 / 1
    D-line is one of their thinnest areas. They lost 3 seniors after last season and if these 2 guys are down for most/all of the season, they will really struggle to find 4-5 ready guys they can rotate in. That doesn't even account for the fact that these two were clearly their 2 best DE's. They'll still be good, but there will be some struggles along the d-line this year.