Badgers break in to College Football Playoff position

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Tuesday night was a memorable night for the Wisconsin Badgers football program. Dare we say it was a lot like a famous Queen song, where the Badgers faithful had to be asking themselves if this was real life or just a fantasy? After finishing the regular season as the only Power 5 conference team to go a perfect 12-0, the Badgers found themselves in the College Football Playoff top 4 for the first...

Source

Continue reading...

On Saturday evening, I'll be glued to my TV, watching the Badgers play a tough Ohio State team for the Big 10 Championship.

Twice, I watched the Badgers play USC for what was the mythical national championship at the Rose Bowl. In both cases, I came away disappointed, but not disheartened, because in both cases, the Badgers showed they were there to win it, or at least show they belonged there.

Although this OSU game is not the national championship, it's the first step to getting there, and OSU would be about as good a start as you could have to show you belong.

If the Badgers do win this one, and I think they will, it could be the beginning of something even bigger, and better, on the recruiting trail. Especially since we're hearing announcers, week after week, talking about how Wisconsin's program turns young men into NFL players at an ever increasingly rate. "If you're a running back," One announcer said, "and you don't accept an offer to Wisconsin, you're making a terrible mistake. There is no other school that can turn raw talent into proven NFL running backs." Another announcer commented; "As you look at the Wisconsin roster, you see more players that were originally walk-ons performing at a 5-star level. It's their coaching, and dedication to playing, that makes that happen. Look around the NFL, and you'll see players on offense, and defense, who played at Wisconsin, and many came into their program without scholarships. This doesn't happen by accident, it happens because they are that well coached."

I'm picking the Badgers to win this one. I think Jim Leonhard's defense wants to claim a national title.

Badgers 24 OSU 17

one game at a time but this is a big one. we owe these guys an ass whoopin. OSU is as hated as the Vikings are for me. I cant stand them.

interesting thing I saw yesterday about the top 8 teams and the number of 4 and 5 star recruits

Bama 69
OSU 63
UGA 54
Auburn 45
Clemson 40
OK 37
Miami 25
Wis................................6

one game at a time but this is a big one. we owe these guys an ass whoopin. OSU is as hated as the Vikings are for me. I cant stand them.

interesting thing I saw yesterday about the top 8 teams and the number of 4 and 5 star recruits

Bama 69
OSU 63
UGA 54
Auburn 45
Clemson 40
OK 37
Miami 25
Wis................................6

This is exactly what I was referring. The Badgers program creates great football players. One of the reasons is that being an athlete at Wisconsin also means you "must" be a student as well. It's not an athletic mill, churning out guys for the pros, in all sports.

I'm still hearing pundits ask the question should an undefeated Wisconsin be left out of the playoffs? What a slap in the face. I want the Badgers to roll OSU. I'm still bitter about last years game and how Barrett scored a TD on an obvious hold against TJ Watt. Badgers were the better team last year and I think they are this year too.

I'm still hearing pundits ask the question should an undefeated Wisconsin be left out of the playoffs? What a slap in the face. I want the Badgers to roll OSU. I'm still bitter about last years game and how Barrett scored a TD on an obvious hold against TJ Watt. Badgers were the better team last year and I think they are this year too.

And that was right before the phantom holds called against UW as we were driving down the field with pretty successful results until the zebras decided they could throw those flags.

Back