badgers basketball really starting to suck

Watched a good part of the game. PSU shot the ball extremely well, and only turned it over 6 times compared to the Badgers 12. And fouls; PSU only had 10 fouls the entire game compared to the Badgers 21. That differential in fouls and turnovers pretty much explain the result.
Yep and Bo Boroski reffed yesterday. They are 11-1 in games he has not called and 2-4 in games he called. And the FT discrepancy has been clear. Not saying conspiracy but more the way game is called.

Reason I bring up Boroski is Wisconsin has got the reputation, deserved or not that they don’t foul and draw more “cheap “ calls. Davison is a prime example. Not so much this year

Bo Boroski reffed yesterday. They are 11-1 in games he has not called and 2-4 in games he called.
uh, that's a little scary. has anyone investigated this guy? there is a high probability that is not a coincidence.

I said start of season this team was over rated. They are not a title contender or final 4 team. This is a team if it gets past the sweet 16 I would be surprised.
Prepare to be surprised. And no it not overrated

uh, that's a little scary. has anyone investigated this guy? there is a high probability that is not a coincidence.
He’s getting close to be the Teddy Valentine of today’s B1G officials. He just is not consistent how he calls games all year. Yesterday was really physical but UW gets 8 FT?

Yep and Bo Boroski reffed yesterday. They are 11-1 in games he has not called and 2-4 in games he called. And the FT discrepancy has been clear. Not saying conspiracy but more the way game is called.
I wasn't going to go there, but yeah in H2 it was pretty obvious. A lot of ticky tack calls against Bucky, and lots of banging underneath the badger's hoop.

I wasn't going to go there, but yeah in H2 it was pretty obvious. A lot of ticky tack calls against Bucky, and lots of banging underneath the badger's hoop.
And I actually hate going there also it was not just yesterday. It’s been a pattern all year I’ve heard some of the theory is that teams go in knowing Wisconsin's reputation for not fouling, so they , refs, work hard to not be "biased" in their favor, creating a sort of reverse bias. Not sure I buy that but it’s feasible. It’s not why they lost yesterday but it was a factor.

If I have one issue with this offense is that in the second half at times we abandon the post touches. Got a bit impatient at times. But at the same time PSU did a real good job of doubling the post, especially Potter and forced the ball back out. They had good looks from 3 but only shot 25%

Not worried. Not paying any attention, but still not worried.

Remember, Ogg Hall wanted Gard fired last year. And I forget which, but one of the final four teams lost 6 of 7 at one point.

Refereeing has seemed "odd" at times this year so maybe this is why. Still most of the blame falls on the Badgers themselves.
- Trice has certainly been adequate, and much more than that in some games. The only issue I have with him is that he's just not much of a facilitator but he's their best option at PG.
- Davison is a liability now on the offensive end in most games. Not only is his shooting off but so is his whole game. One thing he needs to stop doing is penetrating without a plan. He's not athletic enough to finish at the rim and most of the time his drives result in turnovers or some other "ugh" outcome. Just stop those drives.
- their big men aren't really playing very big. Lots of missed rebounds and poor finishes around the rim.
- not much bench help. Davis does seem to have hit the wall, and Wahl/Reuvers are about all they've got. Anderson is a nice small role kind of guy but really doesn't bring anything off the bench on either end.

All that said, they still could make the Sweet 16. I don't see them going any further than that, and never did.

Refereeing has seemed "odd" at times this year so maybe this is why. Still most of the blame falls on the Badgers themselves.
- Trice has certainly been adequate, and much more than that in some games. The only issue I have with him is that he's just not much of a facilitator but he's their best option at PG.
- Davison is a liability now on the offensive end in most games. Not only is his shooting off but so is his whole game. One thing he needs to stop doing is penetrating without a plan. He's not athletic enough to finish at the rim and most of the time his drives result in turnovers or some other "ugh" outcome. Just stop those drives.
- their big men aren't really playing very big. Lots of missed rebounds and poor finishes around the rim.
- not much bench help. Davis does seem to have hit the wall, and Wahl/Reuvers are about all they've got. Anderson is a nice small role kind of guy but really doesn't bring anything off the bench on either end.

All that said, they still could make the Sweet 16. I don't see them going any further than that, and never did.
Yeah losing Bowman and Carlson really hurt depth and flexibility. As to Davison I agree totally and the officiating is impacting his offense.

The NCAA’s will be strange with the bubble this year. In the past the committee would juggle seeds with regions so matchups might play out different. As always it’s about matchups, the B1G these teams know each other so well it’s a gauntlet. SEC seems like it’s Alabama and not much else, ACC Duke is not the Duke of old and the conference seems meh top to bottom. Big 12 is very good with Baylor but Kansas looks pretty pedestrian, Texas looks good. My point is the normal “Blue Bloods” and power conferences are down this year so maybe that helps the B1G

Back