badgers basketball really starting to suck

realitybytes

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
they lost another game to an unranked team with a losing record by ten points?

I said start of season this team was over rated. They are not a title contender or final 4 team. This is a team if it gets past the sweet 16 I would be surprised.

I never did believe a Final 4 team. But, I did expect them to be competitive. They can be, but only when the players take it on their own shoulders to make it happen.

Enter situations like the two Maryland games. The first was a Gard game. The second was the players, taking control on the floor.

Is it possible Gard has become too conservative, or set in his ways, to allow players to do what they do best.

In all honesty, I will never believe that Reivers and Davison have suddenly become liabilities. But, that's what it looks like. Gard has one player, the rest are his support staff. It's Trice's team, no matter what. Despite the "raves" we see about him by people, I think he's just adequate.

I could go on from here, but it would be pointless. Gard is going to have a decent record, and will be lauded as a solid coach. Personally, I like him, but he needs to become a little more animated to get my vote as a real fire and brimstone coach, and that's what we saw with Bo. It's where we need to be.

I never did believe a Final 4 team. But, I did expect them to be competitive. They can be, but only when the players take it on their own shoulders to make it happen.

Enter situations like the two Maryland games. The first was a Gard game. The second was the players, taking control on the floor.

Is it possible Gard has become too conservative, or set in his ways, to allow players to do what they do best.

In all honesty, I will never believe that Reivers and Davison have suddenly become liabilities. But, that's what it looks like. Gard has one player, the rest are his support staff. It's Trice's team, no matter what. Despite the "raves" we see about him by people, I think he's just adequate.

I could go on from here, but it would be pointless. Gard is going to have a decent record, and will be lauded as a solid coach. Personally, I like him, but he needs to become a little more animated to get my vote as a real fire and brimstone coach, and that's what we saw with Bo. It's where we need to be.
Gard I think is similar to Bo Ryan but while Bo Ryan seems like the coach who could fire his team up Gard is the guy who just coaches and can't fire his team up. Sometimes you need the coach to be able to light the fire under players and I question if Gard has that in him.

Very frustrating game to watch but honestly the defense was not that bad and UW made PSU take shots they want and they made them. They made 3 25 foot contested shots and did not miss 2 consecutive shots in the 2nd half.

As to Ryan he was not vocal coach at all, ask Dekker. He gave an interview once and said the FF team barley ran set plays, Bo trusted the kids. And one thing that was telling was Bo never was rah rah type.

As to this team a few things stand out to me. #1 Davis has hit the “freshman wall”. He’s not as explosive as he was has lost a bit of confidence. #2 Davison has lost his shot the last 2-3 games. Part of that is he’s getting a bit frustrated on the defensive end. #3 they shot 8 FF the entire game. Zero by Potter zero by Ford 0 by Davison and 0 by Wahl. PSU was 19-25. #4 only shot 25% from 3. Can’t win many doing that. #5 losing Carlson hurt. The rotation is shorter and would give Ford a break on the wing

This team is tied for 4th 1 game out of 2nd. It played its last game of the year yesterday. Yes worse than Michigan. Remember the 1st FF team that lost to Kentucky lost 5 of 6 at one point. No panic. Some concerns but no panic. At the end of the year it’s a top 3-4 team in conference and border line elite 8 team depending on matchups

#1 Davis has hit the “freshman wall”. He’s not as explosive as he was has lost a bit of confidence. #2 Davison has lost his shot the last 2-3 games. Part of that is he’s getting a bit frustrated on the defensive end. #3 they shot 8 FF the entire game. Zero by Potter zero by Ford 0 by Davison and 0 by Wahl. PSU was 19-25. #4 only shot 25% from 3. Can’t win many doing that. #5 losing Carlson hurt. The rotation is shorter and would give Ford a break on the wing
to me that sounds like a team that won't even make the final 32, let alone elite 8.

the only bets i make are in the stock market. ;)
I know. All good. I just don’t panic after 1 game. They played really well at Maryland and Rutgers. The OSU game was similar to yesterday, they made shots vs real good defense.

I know. All good. I just don’t panic after 1 game. They played really well at Maryland and Rutgers. The OSU game was similar to yesterday, they made shots vs real good defense.
Watched a good part of the game. PSU shot the ball extremely well, and only turned it over 6 times compared to the Badgers 12. And fouls; PSU only had 10 fouls the entire game compared to the Badgers 21. That differential in fouls and turnovers pretty much explain the result.

Back