2024 NFL Season Thread

Pickett needed some time to learn the system. But, as Mark indicated, Canada as an OC is like turning the offense over to a 4-year-old.

Bullcrap..... Pickett had a craptastic OC in Matt Canada and a stale HC. If they think Wilson will fix their issues they'll be sadly mistaken. This is another case of an organzation starting a young QB before he was ready under shady circumstances and ruining his confidence.

Don't throw the player under the bus when everything else was the issue. He was smart in getting out of that cluster.
I can see Pitt reach at 20 for Nix or Penix because Wilson is only a one year deal and 35 years old also.

I don't know what Tomlin's contract situation is like but he's on a bit of shaky ground. Watt is their one real bluechip player and I don't know how long he can keep up his pace. Otherwise it's an aging roster in some ways with holes and blown picks at multiple spots.

I don't know what Tomlin's contract situation is like but he's on a bit of shaky ground. Watt is their one real bluechip player and I don't know how long he can keep up his pace. Otherwise it's an aging roster in some ways with holes and blown picks at multiple spots.
I believe he just got a contract ext from Pitt.

Chicago Bears trade Justin Fields to Pittsburgh Steelers for a 2025 6th round pick that could become a 4th based on playing time.

Good news for Packers. Now CHI can draft a guy who can’t read defenses to set them back another four years.

Good news for Packers. Now CHI can draft a guy who can’t read defenses to set them back another four years.
Everyone is assuming it's going to be Williams, what if they take Daniels or Maye instead? Daniels is older but he's started for 5 years and seems like a way more mature prospect than Williams or Maye. Reading about Williams, it sounds like he plays now like 2018 Aaron Rodgers.

Either way the first step towards getting better is cutting bait on failed prospects. Give someone else a chance, try to improve.

The Bears are another one of those teams that looks for "instant QB." None of those drafted ever get a chance to learn the game behind a veteran, so they are ready to take the field. Bad for them, good for us.

Back