2024 FA Thread

Poyer going to be 33 years old in April. I would pass on him.

You don't think Jones wants top end RB money?
I think Jones knows he is older then Barclay and while both have injury issues Jones won't find pot of gold in FA if cut. So best to take a restructed contract to stay in GB.

I think Jones knows he is older then Barclay and while both have injury issues Jones won't find pot of gold in FA if cut. So best to take a restructed contract to stay in GB.
I hope you're right. The Pack needs Jones - mostly the stuff between his ears that seems to propel his athleticism.

Without Jones, I, seriously, wonder whether big investment in Love is warranted.

I hope you're right. The Pack needs Jones - mostly the stuff between his ears that seems to propel his athleticism.

Without Jones, I, seriously, wonder whether big investment in Love is warranted.
Love going to be playing longer then Jones got to start planning a post Jones life be that thru another FA RB or draft one.

At the right price, Poyer could be a one year addition that could help ease us past cap hell. Give him a 2 year contract, and draft someone who can use a year getting acclimated to the NFL. If he proves to be solid enough, keep him around for the second year.

Love going to be playing longer then Jones got to start planning a post Jones life be that thru another FA RB or draft one.
If paying Love clears out the spice rack, the meat will be pretty tasteless

The questions with Jordan Poyer as with any FA are always the same. Is the level of play still capable of helping you win, what type of money is involved and how many years are they looking for. He's still good enough to warrant a short low dollar deal, but no way I'd want to lock the team into him for more than this year.

Back