2024 Draft Thread

Amarius Mims will make a top 30 visit to the Packers.

Graham Barton OG Duke
Chris Braswell EDGE Alabama
Kris Jenkins DT Michigan
Jonathon Brooks RB Texas
Cole Bishop S Utah
Roger Rosengarten OT Washington
Calen Bullock S USC
Jaylan Ford LB Texas
Cam Hart CB Notre Dame
Charles Turner III OC LSU
Carter Bradley QB South Alabama
Maema Njongmeta LB Wisconsin

2025 SEA 1st
2025 SEA 2nd

Graham Barton OG Duke
Chris Braswell EDGE Alabama
Kris Jenkins DT Michigan
Jonathon Brooks RB Texas
Cole Bishop S Utah
Roger Rosengarten OT Washington
Calen Bullock S USC
Jaylan Ford LB Texas
Cam Hart CB Notre Dame
Charles Turner III OC LSU
Carter Bradley QB South Alabama
Maema Njongmeta LB Wisconsin

2025 SEA 1st
2025 SEA 2nd
Strangely enough, I'd take this despite the trade down. The reason is simple enough. We can fill needs this year, and really build to power next year with those two extra early picks. Getting Barton, Jenkins, and Brooks makes me smile. I think Brooks will be just fine by the time of camp, and he has the tools we need to build on down the road.

I don't think Mike McDonald is going to get the kind of results he wants out of the 'Hawks in his first year, with the changes that will obviously occur. I think that despite all the clamoring about them getting two guys for the trenches early, by getting the Packers pick, if you're right, they could package the two #1s, and move up, grabbing one of the "so called" elite QBs coming out, who would be the replacement for Geno Smith in a year. Geno is 33, and will hit 34 early in the season. Not old for some QBs, but someone who is going to need legs to stay upright, that's not a spring chicken.

That said, I don't think this trade would happen, but if it did, it would be a winner for the Packers. Six picks still inside the top 100, plus the 102nd. Nice pickings if you ask me.

25: R1 P25 G Graham Barton - Duke
41: R2 P9 CB TJ Tampa - Iowa State
57: R2 P25 OT Kingsley Suamataia - BYU
88: R3 P24 S Calen Bullock - USC
91: R3 P27 LB Cedric Gray - North Carolina
125: R4 P25 WR Jermaine Burton - Alabama
169: R5 P34 RB Ray Davis - Kentucky
201: R6 P25 S Tykee Smith - Georgia
219: R6 P43 DL Khristian Boyd - Northern Iowa
245: R7 P25 CB Dwight McGlothern - Arkansas
255: R7 P35 EDGE Richard Jibunor - Troy

When doing mocks I took this guy a few times. Wonder if and how far this could knock him down the board.

Texas DT T’Vondre Sweat was arrested early this morning and charged with DWI, according to @KXAN_News in Austin. Sweat is viewed as a potential day 2 draft pick.

When doing mocks I took this guy a few times. Wonder if and how far this could knock him down the board.

Texas DT T’Vondre Sweat was arrested early this morning and charged with DWI, according to @KXAN_News in Austin. Sweat is viewed as a potential day 2 draft pick.
maybe a little but honestly a DUI isn't enough to warrant a big drop

We need to get that man out of Texas, with their draconian anti-freedom laws, and straight to DUI-friendly Wisconsin. No judgment here big boy.

We need to get that man out of Texas, with their draconian anti-freedom laws, and straight to DUI-friendly Wisconsin. No judgment here big boy.
True you have to have close to double digits before any serious jail time.

Living in Texas, I can attest to the fact that some older Texans are having a problem adjusting to the new laws. It was quite legal until late in 2001, to be drinking a beer as you drove down the road. Now you could face a $500 fine for doing it.

Drunk driving was becoming responsible for so many road deaths that they had no choice but pass it into law.

There was a time when a guy in Texas would be stopped for driving erratically, and the officer would ask them why they were driving while impaired. "Well Officer, it's kinda like this. I was too drunk to walk, and even had to crawl out to my pick me up truck so I could get home by driving." Not always grounds for getting a free ride home by the cop, but sometimes, believe it or not, it was.

So it is in Texas, where everything has to be a crisis.

Back