2024 Draft Thread

Draft one and sign one in FA. I don't think draft deep enough to come out expecting to get two starting safeties even so I would be worried about starting two rookies at safety. There are 3-4 safeties in FA who could start so sign one of them draft one high. Also maybe bring back Owens and maybe even Savage if both could fit into the new defense and both are willing to take 1 year deals at very team friendly terms.
Yeah i’m reading the same about the depth of the class, Daniel Jeremiah for example doesn’t have a S in his top 50. That’s said, doesn’t mean you can find a great player there, just need to prioritize it.

Lot of people impressed with this guy at the senior bowl and saying he pushed himself into the 1st round with how he did there.

If he's there at 25 maybe GB considers him?

Lot of people impressed with this guy at the senior bowl and saying he pushed himself into the 1st round with how he did there.

You don’t push yourself into the first round with a tightly scripted senior bowl performance. If you’re not a first round pick based on your tape then you aren’t a first round pick.

You don’t push yourself into the first round with a tightly scripted senior bowl performance. If you’re not a first round pick based on your tape then you aren’t a first round pick.
Not sure on that lot of guys went ot senior bowl had a good week and good interviews and helped themselves.

Again it depends on who's on the board, you still need to rank one of the top 3 safeties over a corner in my opinion. No matter what you're doing schematically the safeties we have are a liability

Again it depends on who's on the board, you still need to rank one of the top 3 safeties over a corner in my opinion. No matter what you're doing schematically the safeties we have are a liability
Is there a safety on the board outside of Kinchens that is a 1st round talent? CB you might have 4-5 CB's that could be 1st round picks. This just seems a weak draft for safty at least early. If you go BPA you might end up taking a CB, DL, LB at 25.

I agree and think for the internet draftniks this is all just semantics.

Before the Senior Bowl, Mitchell was a top-half of Rd2 guy already for many people. This is another draft where the top-level talent kind of drops off in the mid-teens. After that it's kind of pick-your-favorite-flavor type guys for the next 20-30 picks. A guy who doesn't fit your scheme, preferences, and needs is lower on a team's board and other guys who do are higher.

Not crazy at all to think a guy like Mitchell could go near the bottom of Rd1 to the right team, and that would have been the case Senior Bowl or not. It could be that for a few teams, seeing him practice against other higher level D1 talent just verifies what you already thought - he's a top half of Rd2 guy and taking him late in Rd1 wouldn't be a reach.

If we were every able to guess right as to who the Packers should take if he's still available, I think it falls to Kinchens. I wouldn't mind Nubin, but not at the 25th pick to be honest. But, that's just conjecture at this point. Perspectives change, and will, after the combine. They always do.

Back