2023 Badger Football Thread

WI ranked 21st in coaches pre-season Poll. Other Big Ten Teams Mich (2), OSU (4), PSU (7).
Then there's this poll, where the Badgers aren't even listed in top 25, while Troy and UTSA are. It makes me wonder where some of these idiots come from with their evaluations. I'm not saying that the Badgers are a powerhouse, I'm saying that obviously, Troy and UTSA, as a prime example, aren't anywhere in the same class as a Power Five school, unless it was Northwestern at this point.

Then there's this poll, where the Badgers aren't even listed in top 25, while Troy and UTSA are. It makes me wonder where some of these idiots come from with their evaluations. I'm not saying that the Badgers are a powerhouse, I'm saying that obviously, Troy and UTSA, as a prime example, aren't anywhere in the same class as a Power Five school, unless it was Northwestern at this point.
Not sure put this says poll date of 12/4/22

An excellent report from camp. This is the kind of info that helps introduce a lot of the newer guys to everyone who will be following the team. There are so many new names that we can start putting together with positions. Also, the replacing of the guard is apparent, especially in positions like TE.

Oops! I didn't look at the date. I thought they'd be smart enough to put up current polls. Guess I was wrong. They need to archive this old stuff.

Looking at the poll you posted, it was interesting that Wisconsin was the 4th best team in the Big 10 in that poll. The teams ahead of them, Penn St, OSU, and Michigan. That speaks highly of how they see where Fickell has already gone with the untested new program.

Hype over.

Coaches and everybody talked, rapped, and danced a good game.

1st challenge, players showed up FLAT with no enthusiasm, no attitude, and little effort in the 1st half.

Knuckle dragging Neanderthal just gives in, and Bucky is just 3 hours of beer on a Saturday

Hype over.

Coaches and everybody talked, rapped, and danced a good game.

1st challenge, players showed up FLAT with no enthusiasm, no attitude, and little effort in the 1st half.

Knuckle dragging Neanderthal just gives in, and Bucky is just 3 hours of beer on a Saturday
The hype is just starting, this IS what college FB is now. The whole crowd that wants to return to 1995 can forget it, it's over. As for the game, yes came out flat and had issues in pass pro and being ready on defense. Adjusted at half and almost pulled the come back which is more than I can say for PC teams the past 2-3 years.

It's game 2 of an entirely new system, no different than GB there are going to be growing pains.

Back