2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

But only if both Giannis and Lillard make themselves part of the defensive effort, and share the rock. Teamwork is still the key to winning in the NBA.
Exactly. that defensive effort was impressive, and it wasn't even a physical defense . . . it was just very active!

Let's hope last night wasn't, "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was." RIP Toby

Reactions: TW
It doesn't matter what sport you're playing. The star players are only stars because the supporting cast makes it possible for them to work their magic. That's exactly what the Bucks are, but for some reason, management never understood that, and still doesn't.

When you had someone like Jhrue Holiday, and end up letting some quality support pieces walk, or trade them away, instead of finding more creative ways of using them, you're actually making the problem worse.

Guys like P.J. Tucker, Donte DeVincenzo, Jhrue Holiday, Wes Matthews, and George Hill all brought something special to the table, but Horst never saw one damned bit of it, because he was too focused on the "star aspect" of the game, and not the nuts and bolts of what makes a team work on both ends of the court. You don't lose them, you find ways to add to them, because all of them were team players, willing to do their job.

What's sad is that if Horst and Rivers aren't gone after this year, the end is in sight for Lopez, Middleton, Bobby Portis, and Pat Connaughton because Horst will see them as being "inferior support pieces" for his super stars. Making matters worse, I think Lillard is going to demand a trade, and in the end, the Bucks will get squat for him because Horst will screw it up.

I'm so tired of seeing them self-destruct in the front office. At least Herb Kohl insisted that there was a family feel about the organization, even when it was difficult for them to get free agents to join the team.

Bucks I don't think really have assests or cap space to do anything else they are pretty much stuck with what they got outside of moving Lillard or Giannis.

Doc claiming Giannis and Dame are "close" to playing. We all know close only counts in horseshoes and handgernades so we will see if they play Thursday in IN.
So much for this BS. Both are listed as doubtful for tomorrow night.

So much for this BS. Both are listed as doubtful for tomorrow night.
Rivers knows it's all over except for the fat lady to sing. I think that's almost a foregone conclusion, down in Indy. But, you just never know what can happen. The gods of basketball could shine on the Bucks and they end up being dynamite from outside the ring.

But, even if they did win, they need another win in Milwaukee to advance, and the competition level is going to be a lot better. It's only a question of when they get bounced.

Lillard moved from doubtful to questionable for tonight's game. Giannis still remains listed as doubtful.

If Lillard can play and be more they just a decoy they have a shot of forcing a game 7. Not holding my breath though.

If Lillard plays, I hope they continue using the same philosophy on the court that they had two days ago. Let him play, but within the system, not sit out front dribbling, and watching the clock run down, so he can take a shot that has less likelihood of being good than one that can be gained by the team working for it.

His character on the floor will be tested tonight, if he plays. He has to show up as part of the team, not "The Great" Damian Lillard. He needs to pass the ball, and use driving skills to dish the ball off. He also needs to step up and play defense, not act like a bull fighter.

If Lillard plays, I hope they continue using the same philosophy on the court that they had two days ago. Let him play, but within the system, not sit out front dribbling, and watching the clock run down, so he can take a shot that has less likelihood of being good than one that can be gained by the team working for it.

His character on the floor will be tested tonight, if he plays. He has to show up as part of the team, not "The Great" Damian Lillard. He needs to pass the ball, and use driving skills to dish the ball off. He also needs to step up and play defense, not act like a bull fighter.
I don't think he'll do what you want

i'm confused. didn't the bucks win game 1 by 15 points with dame playing 38 minutes (the most of any bucks player in the game)?

Back