2023-24 Milwaukee Bucks Season Thread

I think Horst made the "safe decision" on this one. Rivers has a history of getting his team in a position where they can win it all. The problem is, he does alienate a lot of players. In Philadelphia, he alienated Ben Simmons and James Harden to the point neither of them really wanted to play for him. In fact, Rivers didn't even try to coach Simmons, he let him do whatever he wanted on the court, without any concern about the team effort. That didn't sit well with Harden, and they clashed. In the end, he created internal resentment, then when the season was over, he blamed their failure on Simmons, totally ignoring the fact he refused, or was unable to, coach him.

We have a Simmons/Harden situation. It's Giannis/Dame. If he does this to the Bucks, they're going to end up going down the crapper faster than you can imagine. At least one, maybe both of them, along with Lopez and Middleton could end up demanding trades to get the hell out of Milwaukee.

No. I'm not enthused about the Rivers hire. The safest choice could be disaster. I would rather have seen McMillan, or Stotts.

Not enthused about Doc Rivers at all - assuming it's true. Do I think he'll be better than Griffen - YES. Maybe he won't be with the team long enough this year to alienate guys, but I don't like Rivers as a long term answer. Then you need to consider his teams' miserable performance in the playoffs. There is very little about this hiring that i like.

When you're sick and out of sorts, you call in the family doctor to get you the medicine you need to get well. The Bucks just called into their version of the family doctor. We'll see what the Doc has ordered.

My worry is Rives gets a long term deal and this is end of MKE championship hopes and in couple years we are a aging team not winning and Bucks sell Giannis and Dame off for whatever they can get to help get some draft picks back as dark years will be ahead for this team as it has no draft picks to rebuild roster with.

Horst better damned well hope that his decision brings them up, not down, or he's going to find himself on the street with Rivers.

Now let's see how the Bucks respond. It might be pretty good for the rest of this season, if he can convince them they need to play defense. If they fail, the Bucks are going to be out a lot of money on another coaching salary far beyond this season.

Horst better damned well hope that his decision brings them up, not down, or he's going to find himself on the street with Rivers.

Now let's see how the Bucks respond. It might be pretty good for the rest of this season, if he can convince them they need to play defense. If they fail, the Bucks are going to be out a lot of money on another coaching salary far beyond this season.
I don't think this was a Horst this screams inept ownership aka Jimmy Haslem

Back