2021-22 GB Packers Season Breakdown

If we had 2-3 pretty good WR and a good TE already on the roster I'd say the best case for the offense next year would be for Rodgers to come back without Adams and be forced spread the ball around. Unfortunately there isn't enough depth at skill positions outside the RBs and Adams to make it work. Rodgers absolutely relied too heavily on Adams and got massive tunnel vision but he wasn't crazy to do so.
We have seen when Adams has been out Rodgers actually will spread the ball around. I have said Rodgers has always after Jennings/Nelson/Jones group broke up has used his #1 WR as a security blanket forcing the ball to that guy because he lacks trust in the other WR's.

We have seen when Adams has been out Rodgers actually will spread the ball around. I have said Rodgers has always after Jennings/Nelson/Jones group broke up has used his #1 WR as a security blanket forcing the ball to that guy because he lacks trust in the other WR's.
Yes, but it's still a limited number of games. They were able to game plan Jones open but over the course of a season and playoffs I think defenses will adjust and take that option away. Tonyan can play, I'm a fan of Lazard but again, who else is making corners nervous, besides MVS sometimes?

We’ll Jennings, Jones and Nelson are night and day over Adams , Lazard and MVS. Talent matters and the current group is very pedestrian

Pedestrian may be the accurate description, but it makes you scratch your head that they were 6-0 in ML’s offense when Adams was unable to play.

I think part is that AR chose to have tunnel vision for a very talented BFF, but that choice minimized much of the potential growth that could have been found in the other WR’s, which has kept them pedestrian.

Giving them more looks might have changed the story to a degree.

Saw this posted, sharing here. Credit the creator, Arjun Menon. Shows an effective cap space range for each team based on possible restructures, rather than a single data point. Really helpful way to look at GBs situation this off-season, as you can see they can make room but really not that much. Shows how much behind the 8 ball they are this year. BB61DF78-6A86-4D69-9156-5283D09A65A5.jpeg

Pedestrian may be the accurate description, but it makes you scratch your head that they were 6-0 in ML’s offense when Adams was unable to play.

I think part is that AR chose to have tunnel vision for a very talented BFF, but that choice minimized much of the potential growth that could have been found in the other WR’s, which has kept them pedestrian.

Giving them more looks might have changed the story to a degree.
I think R nailed it. You can game plan around it on a limited basis but over 17 games it’s not sustainable

If True then GB front office is admitting a mistake..a big one and hitching their horses to a 38 yr old with 17 yrs in the league QB and a cash strapped roster.

Not a good look

Whoa Mark!! What the heck. That is crazy!!

Back