2021-2022 Wisconsin Basketball

FlaPack

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
found this online and it’s a good start to figure out depth / rotations for next year assuming (hopefully) no seniors come back

174CD351-19F7-41ED-83BB-E61B36E5AF7A.jpeg

Just a wild guess on starter
Wahl
Davis
Carlson
Hepburn
Mors

that’s assuming Anderson gets backup minutes. Wild card is Bowman

I'm with you Pack.

And, don't get me wrong, but it is time for our seniors to move on. They play hard and I do like them, but they're limited. I wish them well.

I've heard that the young crop is more athletically talented (I'm not saying running and gunning, but more athletically talented than we're used to seeing). It's time to see if that's true and if Bucky can open it up a bit.

I'm with you Pack.

And, don't get me wrong, but it is time for our seniors to move on. They play hard and I do like them, but they're limited. I wish them well.

I've heard that the young crop is more athletically talented (I'm not saying running and gunning, but more athletically talented than we're used to seeing). It's time to see if that's true and if Bucky can open it up a bit.
It’s never going to open up like Iowa. The whole “slow pace “ stuff is a little overblown. They take shots in transition when it’s available. It’s more get guys like Davis who can create shots when the flow breaks down.

The way it sounds, all the seniors will make their own choices. Gard doesn't seem to be putting any pressure on them to stay or go. How much playing time everyone will get next year, if several stay, is hard to say. But we do have to remember that there are teams that will gain enormously by guys sticking around an extra year, and the rotations could be pretty strong for some of them 12 players deep. It's going to be tough running with them if we don't keep a few guys as hold overs.

That said, if a couple stay, we could see some interesting red shirts given, and then there's those that end up available through the transfer portal. It's going to be a strange year dealing with the changes that will be happening. Actually kind of exciting.

I'm not going to say I want them all to go, or to stay. I believe Gard will handle the transitions pretty well. I gained a lot of confidence in him when he finally stood up and spoke out in support of his team. That's the one thing I've seen missing from him, and he went full throttle. I respect that. So do the players.

The way it sounds, all the seniors will make their own choices. Gard doesn't seem to be putting any pressure on them to stay or go. How much playing time everyone will get next year, if several stay, is hard to say. But we do have to remember that there are teams that will gain enormously by guys sticking around an extra year, and the rotations could be pretty strong for some of them 12 players deep. It's going to be tough running with them if we don't keep a few guys as hold overs.

That said, if a couple stay, we could see some interesting red shirts given, and then there's those that end up available through the transfer portal. It's going to be a strange year dealing with the changes that will be happening. Actually kind of exciting.

I'm not going to say I want them all to go, or to stay. I believe Gard will handle the transitions pretty well. I gained a lot of confidence in him when he finally stood up and spoke out in support of his team. That's the one thing I've seen missing from him, and he went full throttle. I respect that. So do the players.
Reuvers, Potter & Trice are in Grad school, they are gone. Ford and Davison finish degrees in May. McGrory entered transfer portal today

I could see a couple staying, though I'm really OK with they whole group moving on.

Davison seems the most likely candidate. Not sure I'd really want Ford back, but maybe he makes that choice. I'd have to think Reuvers and Trice are all but gone. Wonder a little about Potter. He lost time due to the weird transfer trouble he had. He might decide another year would benefit his game. Not sure how being in grad school makes any difference.

I'd guess the starters for next year are exactly what Pack posted unless we get a senior who stays and starts.

It’s never going to open up like Iowa. The whole “slow pace “ stuff is a little overblown. They take shots in transition when it’s available. It’s more get guys like Davis who can create shots when the flow breaks down.
You parley better basketball than I. I mean more guys like Davis who can create shots and who can finish on cuts. I like the swing offense and the passing when it gets going.

Back