2016 Schedule Speculation, Rumors, and Predictions

Kraut

Reaction score
I've pretty much switched into full spring/summer mode already and I find the NFL off-season interests me much less than it used to--- I used to go gaga for the draft...now, I'm "meh." Not minimizing importance, just my own personal interest. Call me when we're on the clock and I'll pay attention. Anyway, my favorite off-season activity is schedule speculation. It's always been my favorite day of the NFL off-season and I can distinctly remember checking the newspaper every morning starting in mid-March to see if it would be released--- this ages me-- well before the internet and well before they announced WHEN THEY'D ANNOUNCE. It's later now than it used to be which stinks, but oh well.

For me, I like guaranteed enjoyable weekends. While winning Thursday night or early Sunday makes for a fun and stress-free remainder of the weekend, I much prefer being the late/last game to ensure that nothing gets ruined early. SNF is my favorite slot because it's the last game of the day, but it is still SUNDAY so it's one big awesome day of anticipation watching the early games, etc. I also love the late Sunday slot and while MNF isn't what is used to be in terms of prominence, I still like it. The early Sunday starts are my favorite and I HATE Thursday games. Hate them.

Looking ahead to 2016, there is little we know at this point other than home and away opponents.

HOME: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, Seattle Seahawks.

AWAY: Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans.

The games vs Dallas and Seattle should be late 4:30 games if not Prime time with at least 1 of the Bears and Viking games in the mix for prime time also.

I think the Titans and Jags games will stay early noon starts along with the Eagles game and 1 of the Lions games if not both. ( They will really suck this year)

Home game vs the Texans and Giants could go early or late depending on where in the schedule they land.

So 4 prime time games with at least 3 national games of the week this year maybe 4.

Thoughts and any predictions on W/L yet ?

I just hope the Tennessee game is the day after a really good show at the Ryman, right across the river. Catch a great show at the classic auditorium, and the game the next day before heading back home.

Back