2-fer Thursday: Badgers football secures 1st 2017 commitment

BuckySaunders

Reaction score
KaydenLyles-150x150.jpg

The state of Arizona is hot, who doesn’t know that? However, it is Cardinal and White hot these days, as the Badgers secured their second commitment from the state in a single day.

After Karé Lyles joined the Badgers as their quarterback in the 2016 class, fellow legacy recruit Kayden Lyles may not have been far behind. It turns out one big weekend night was all it took for the Badgers to make sure all three visitors from the desert would become Badgers in the end.

That’s because a few hours after 2016 4-star defensive tackle Garrett Rand committed to the Badgers, Wisconsin got its first 2017 commit — and it was a big one, literally and figuratively.

I am proud to say that I am committed to the University of Wisconsin! On Wisconsin!
1f534.png
⚪⚫️#GoBadgers pic.twitter.com/Y73kRq2b6X

— Kayden Lyles (@Klyles60) October 1, 2015

Late Thursday afternoon, the Badgers earned the commitment of 2017 4-star offensive tackle Kayden Lyles. He chose Wisconsin over offers from Oklahoma, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Michigan State, Arizona, Washington, Arizona State, Missouri, and others.

The point being, Wisconsin has the man everyone wanted at guard in the class of 2017. It’s hard not to see why, considering he is already 6-3 and 290 pounds.

The younger Lyles brother comes to the Badgers as the No. 95-ranked player in the 247Sports composite for the 2017 class. He’s also the No. 4-ranked offensive guard and the No. 3-ranked player in the state of Arizona.

Lyles could be a versatile player for the Badgers given his current size and skill set, but expect him to stay inside given the lack of height so far. Could he be the next in line of “O-Line U?”

Here’s the tape:

The post 2-fer Thursday: Badgers football secures 1st 2017 commitment appeared first on Madtown Badgers.

Continue reading...

A nice pair of commits in the last 24 hours. Lyles and 2016 recruit Cole Van Lanen should help bring back visions of those dominant lines of a few years ago. Connsidering the current freshmen making an impact in Kapoi and Dieter, along with Dietzen who was in the mix during camp but now will likely red-shirt, this will be a formidable group when the current guys are seniors and the new recruits are juniors and sophomores.

Now Chryst just needs to get a couple more dBs. They are graduating a lot of players in the secondary over the next 2 seasons.

I know that they had a highly regarded recruit at DB in for the game this weekend, who I thought I heard had Duke as his more likely school right now.

Not sure if this game was good for him or not, but the atmosphere sure probably helped.

Back