Young wide receivers seizing their opportunity for Wisconsin Badgers

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
The 2017 Wisconsin Badgers receiving corp. was going to be young given all that numbers that were gone after last season. But, it wasn’t a group that was expected to be major contributors on the whole. However, senior wide receiver Jazz Peavy never really got going this season and is now on a hiatus from the team for “personal reasons.” After finishing last season with 43...

Source

Continue reading...

I thought Peavy was going to be the best WR on the team. I also thought Fumagalli was going to be a larger part of the offense. I don't believe it was either of them that has changed that scenario, I believe it's the reads, and Hornibrook's inability to actually make more than one or two on each play. He has this horrible tendency to stare down the person he wants to throw to, instead of looking off the throw to keep the defense from keying on his choice. And even in that statement - his choice - is a big part of the problem. He's already decided before the play unfolds, who will get the ball.

I was a big Hornibrook supporter. I believed he was the guy who could do some unique things. Now, I'm not that confident that he has the tools to help us to truly be a contender for the national championship. His game is just plain lacking in consistency, and like many people have said, in the past, he can be counted on for at least one turnover per game.

I am really looking forward to A.J. Taylor getting passes sent his way that allow him to catch them in stride. When that happens, people are going to see a guy who can find the end zone from everywhere on the field.

Back