With Their Pick In Round 3 GB Selects Montravius Adams, DL, Auburn

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
6'4 309

Career | 52 games played in career is second highest total on team ... made 26 consecutive starts, which is third on team and tops among defenders
2016 | All-America Second Team (AP, AFCA, CBS Sports) ... All-SEC first team (AP) ... All-SEC second team (coaches, Phil Steele, Athlon) … Rotary Lombardi Award semifinalist … 36 career starts … 151 career tackles … five tackles vs. Clemson … 11-yard sack vs. Texas A&M and three QB hurries … two TFL, six tackles vs. LSU … blocked a ULM field goal and had a sack and two tackles vs. ULM … recorded two fumble recoveries at Mississippi State, scoring a 13-yard TD on one … five tackles, a sack, two TFL, two QB hurries vs. Arkansas … blocked an Ole Miss PAT and also had four tackles … six tackles, 1.5 sacks at Georgia … 7-yard interception vs. Alabama A&M … four tackles and forced an Alabama fumble … team captain … SEC defensive lineman of week (Arkansas) … ESPN mid-season All-America … Preseason: Bronko Nagurski, Outland, Rotary Lombardi, Senior Bowl watch lists … all-SEC second team (Lindy’s, Phil Steele, SEC coaches, SEC media), fourth team (Athlon) … Reese’s Senior Bowl ... ESPN All-Star Football Challenge ... SEC Academic Honor Roll
2015 | Second-year starter at nose tackle … 23 career starts … 107 career tackles … forced a Louisville fumble along with a sack and seven tackles … six tackles vs. Jacksonville State … two tackles at LSU … forced a San José State fumble and four tackles … pair of tackles at Kentucky … six tackles at Arkansas … five stops vs. Ole Miss … sack at Texas A&M … three tackles vs. Georgia … three tackles against Alabama … game captain: Georgia … 2nd team preseason all-SEC (SEC coaches, Phil Steele, Lindy’s) … 3rd team all-SEC (SEC media, Athlon, CFB Matrix)
2014 | Played in 13 games with 10 starts ... started season opener vs. Arkansas at left defensive end ... three TFL against San José State, along with a 9-yard sack, six tackles and a QB hurry ... three solo tackles at Kansas State ... 36-yard interception vs. Louisiana Tech and a fumble recovery, the first Auburn D-lineman with an interception and the first Auburn player with an interception and a fumble recovery in a game since Nick Fairley vs. Mississippi State in 2010 ... four tackles vs. LSU ... five tackles at Mississippi State ... three tackles vs. South Carolina ... sack, four tackles at Ole Miss ... four tackles at Georgia ... two TFL, sack, four tackles, three QB hurries vs. Samford ... solo tackle at Alabama ... honorable mention Sophomore All-America (College Football News) ... third team preseason All-America (Sporting News) ... first team preseason All-SEC (Sporting News); third team (SEC Media)
2013 | True freshman who excelled at defensive tackle, earning his first varsity letter ... 24/7 Sports Freshman All-American ... 20 tackles for season ... recorded first sack against Washington State ... TFL against Arkansas State ... TFL vs. Ole Miss ... four tackles at Texas A&M ... two tackles vs. Florida Atlantic ... pair of tackles in Georgia win ... two tackles in SEC championship game ... Lindy's all-newcomer team
High School | Strong, agile defensive lineman at Dooly County ... Under Armour All-America Game ... 247Sports All-America ... No. 2 defensive lineman, No. 14 overall by PrepStar ... ranked as No. 25 overall, No. 3 DL by Rivals ... No. 3 DT by Scout ... No. 10 overall, No. 2 DT, No. 2 in Georgia by 247Sports ... five-time player of the game his senior season for Coach Jimmy Hughes ... recorded 127 tackles, 34 TFL, 7.5 sacks leading Dooly County to the Class A state title game ... ESPN 150

First thing that pops off his highlight reel is that he made plays against top sec teams, not just the bottom dwellers and non-cons.

Second is that when he make contact with ball carrier his feet stop.

He's got some game and is a pretty good athlete for his size. He'll probably be in the mix in the DL rotation right away. I think it's safe to say the Christian Ringo era is done and if everyone stays healthy, it's possible Guion never comes back from suspension.

Grade from the draft sites:

CBS
Montravius Adams | DT, Auburn Height: 6-4 Weight: 308 This is a player who I liked more than the scouts. He can get lazy, but I like him. B+

S.I.
MONTRAVIUS ADAMS, DT, AUBURN
GRADE: B
Can the Packers get Adams to keep the light flipped on? The Auburn product flashed dominance at times, and he can bring it from several spots in the 3-4 alignment, but the glimpses of brilliance only made his long quiet stretches more frustrating. With Kenny Clark and Mike Daniels already in place, Adams could be eased into action.

Walterfootball
Green Bay Packers: Montravius Adams, DE/DT, Auburn: B Grade
I thought Montravius Adams was going to be chosen a bit earlier than this, as he's an athletic, interior pass-rusher. However, he struggles to defend the run and doesn't have a very good motor, so I'm not crazy about this pick. I think it's fine, as he can be a decent rotational defensive lineman

Last edited:
The first thing I was going to look up while I'm stuck at a conference all weekend was this dude's motor. That's a common point on all three reviews that 57 posted.

Getting rotated in, you can't take plays off.

He seems to use his hands and quickness well.

This to me I am very meh on. From what I read this guy is a rotation run defender and pretty much nothing more. Big body to eat up space inside. Don't know if that was really worthy of a 3rd round pick. From what you have to figure is that this guy might replace Guion on the roster.

What exactly is our defensive front 7 alignment? I don't know how this guy fits.

He's got some length to him, could play the 5 tech and slide inside for passing downs. He improved each year at Auburn. Ran a 4.87 at 310 pounds. He'll be a rotation guy so the motor thing should get coached out of him. Easier to give it your all when you only play 40% of the snaps.

A undersized Nose tackle that you plug in on certain downs. Depth pick more then anything. He has some upside but from what I can see on film is a little lazy as well. Not a bad pick in round 5 but in the lower end of 3 it feels like a reach. tc(

This to me I am very meh on. From what I read this guy is a rotation run defender and pretty much nothing more. Big body to eat up space inside. Don't know if that was really worthy of a 3rd round pick. From what you have to figure is that this guy might replace Guion on the roster.

Not a real technical fan, but isn't the bold supposed to describe somebody built like Guion or Pennel, maybe Price. At a listed 305, this guy immediately registered as an outside player. I realize Daniels and some other smaller guys around the league do very well inside, but that's why they're big names.

A undersized Nose tackle that you plug in on certain downs. Depth pick more then anything. He has some upside but from what I can see on film is a little lazy as well. Not a bad pick in round 5 but in the lower end of 3 it feels like a reach. tc(

Sounds like a typical Auburn tackle, lots of God given talent, lazy as hell, under achiever....bust in the making.......still hasn't addressed the urgent need of a pass rusher....I wanted Biegel, believe he will be better than Watt.....but would've taken any edge rusher who could've possibly contributed

Back