With Their Pick in Round 2 GB Selects Quentin Rollins CB

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
OVERVIEW

After four years of basketball and with a semester of eligibility left, decided to give football a shot in 2014 after being away from the sport since high school. Named 2014 MAC Defensive Player of the Year and first-team All-MAC. Finished the season with seven interceptions, including a pick-six against Ohio. Participated in the 2015 Senior Bowl. Four-year starter for the Miami (Ohio) basketball team. Only player in school history to record seven steals in a game twice. Honored with Richard Shrider Defensive Player of the Year Award for the basketball team three different times. Four-year football letterman and three-year team captain for Wilmington High School (Ohio).

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Four-year basketball player. Seamless transition to football field as a cornerback. Has point guard's foot quickness and hip fluidity. Plays with balance and above-average play strength. Well-built and competitive. Can be a disruptive press-corner. Has NFL-caliber "click-and-close" ability. Good leaper. Attacks the ball and receiver at high point. Good instincts and overlaps to make plays beyond his territory. Ruined hitches and bubble screens his way. Physical and has a strong desire to tackle. Wraps up receivers and throws his body at running backs in open space. Crowds receiver downfield, giving little breathing room. Has recovery quickness and natural anticipatory traits in coverage.
WEAKNESSES
Likely lacks the necessary experience to come in and help right away. Too reliant upon foot quickness. Needs technique work. Outside-in releases get him turned around. Shows gambler tendencies. Always sniffing around on underneath throws and opens himself up to double moves. Will get caught lunging in press coverage. Basketball is his first love. Scouts wonder whether he loves football enough to keep working at it. Must answer questions about his long speed.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 2 or 3
SOURCES TELL US
"We are grading him as a safety. He can play cornerback too but he has to be protected a little bit because I don't think he's fast enough. I think he's a 2nd round safety but a 4th round cornerback." - AFC defensive backs coach
NFL COMPARISON
Perrish Cox
BOTTOM LINE
Rare start-stop-start suddeness. His ability to change gears instantly gives him a chance to develop into a talented cover cornerback. With more work on technique and overall discipline, Rollins has the physical tools to become a very good NFL starter.

he's Randall's twin... it's scary how close they are in size, and story.. Focused on other sports then came to focus on football late...

Slow though, combine speed was listed as 4.57 per nfl.com

I'm much more comfortable taking a guy like this at the end of the second....

The one thing you can see very quickly from his film is when he turns his head to the ball he sights it and reads the flight VERY quickly. He has real ballskills, not the kind they talk about when someone gets lucky from tipped balls falling to them.

2 good ball hawking DB , all set there now.

A little above average cb here. Better pick than last night. Appears Ted is using this draft to build depth, not improve at any particular positions. Not excited in the slightest bit for this draft......

A little above average cb here. Better pick than last night. Appears Ted is using this draft to build depth, not improve at any particular positions. Not excited in the slightest bit for this draft......

Me neither. sh)) I think Ted's been hgh)

:D

This guy's tape is extremely impressive. Quite frankly, I love it when TT pulls a fast one on us & picks a small school guy. He's had some pretty good success with this type of player.

Reading up this morning on him a little more. I honestly think he may be the outside guy were looking for with Hyde shifting to a rover MLB/S position. One thing is for certain. Its going to be very hard to throw into these guys.

After watching more... This kid has somethng special about him.. A real skies the limit type guy....

After watching more... This kid has somethng special about him.. A real skies the limit type guy....

Good point. I like this pick. Can't wait to see how he plays this preseason.

He'll end up being the best pick in this draft for the Pack. Like him a lot - big hitter and goes after the ball. A natural athlete. When he picks up the defense watch out he will be a star. Plays faster than his 40 time.

Back