With Their Pick In Round 1 GB Selects Jaire Alexander CB Louisville

I'm fine with the Alexander pick.
Getting a first next year sucks. Just ask Ron Wolf. It's devalued a full round, so could end up being actually worth a late second.
Worse yet, we have to give up a 3rd this year. In case you are wondering 56 players will come off the board between our pick at 45 and our pick at 101. Totally unacceptable. Gute seems to like collecting garbage picks at the end of the draft just as much as TT. Good luck filling the numerous holes on the roster with late round picks.
And before you say we can just trade back into the 3rd, it would take all of our 4ths (2) and 5ths (3) to get us back to near our original pick and you have to find a team willing to fall for it. That leaves us with a 6th and (2) 7ths.
On the surface, it seems like a win, but I think the trades were horrible
For the life of me I don't understand how getting a #1 pick sucks? How is it devalued so that it becomes a late 2nd round pick? I'm serious, I don't understand. If it is because of Mayocks comment=then you put some stock in Mayocks opinion right? Mayock had Alexander mocked to us at 14, sooo.......getting Alexander at 18 was a great value correct?
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but when I get emotional about something I try not to post until I calm down. I think people have a right to not like what happened, but I'd rather read reasons instead of venting. That's just me.

I'm still pretty hot about the whole situation. When Mike Mayock had us taking this guy at 14, I thought no way. No way do they take a guy that small in the first round. If this guy shows up to Lambeau to shovel snow, they turn him away because he's too small.

Then with a leader like Derwin James and a physical specimen like Edmunds both staring them in the face, they trade out. Then they trade back up and I'm thinking OK, gotta be one of the big, fast ILBs - Evans or Vander Esch. Nope. Ugh. Just taints the whole draft for me.
Denzel Ward is only a half inch taller than JA and JA is 10-12 lbs bigger. He doesn't play small. I can tell you're still upset because you usually have much better posts. Everyone's right to vent, but it doesn't get your point across in the reasoned way you usually do. Just saying. The second day hasn't even started yet. I think Gute acquitted himself quite well on day one. Let's see what's in store today. Peace.

Denzel Ward is only a half inch taller than JA and JA is 10-12 lbs bigger. He doesn't play small. I can tell you're still upset because you usually have much better posts. Everyone's right to vent, but it doesn't get your point across in the reasoned way you usually do. Just saying. The second day hasn't even started yet. I think Gute acquitted himself quite well on day one. Let's see what's in store today. Peace.

Ya know I've been up all night thinking of one-liners about his height. I was proud of the Lambeau field one above, I tried one in shout comparing his height to Jon Eric Sullivan's but I haven't gotten that one right yet. Maybe a better night sleep will help, both with the zingers and my perspective on this. If we grab a sturdy OL and a WR/TE tonight, that'll help too.

Here's the last few years 3rd round picks. Hope this eases the pain of trading it away this year:
Thorton
Fackrell
RichRod
Alex Green
Ty Monty
Mont. Adams

I was just thinking the same thing as Dubz. If Ward had fallen, would we by crying about him being too small. The difference between them is about half an inch and they have essentially the same arm length. Ward is ever so slightly faster, but both have elite speed. Alexander had a few more pounds on him and Ward had a few more inches on his vertical and broad jump. Truly, they are both somewhat undersized. It seems like it was not really a great year for corners.

Here's the last few years 3rd round picks. Hope this eases the pain of trading it away this year:
Thorton
Fackrell
RichRod
Alex Green
Ty Monty
Mont. Adams

I htink that says more about who was picking than the value of the third round whistling))

57 and Dubz ....Ward is not comparable. He is one of the most technically sound corners coming out in the past 5 years. Alexander is anything but that. Ward uses postion and technique to make his 5'11 seem like 6'1.

Ward is a top 5 guy on a lot of boards if not most JA isn't. Remember JA was hurt a bunch in 17 so most of his evaluation is from 16 and his combine workout. While he may be upset I could counter you and others are trying awfully hard to justify a pick that as I stated before will take 3 plus years to truly know if it works.

Too many unknowns

Thorton
Fackrell
RichRod
Alex Green
Ty Monty
Mont. Adams

8pV3cZ.gif

Ted, trying to find the problem with that list. Nope, no problem.

Back