Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
ST. BROWN’S HONORS & AWARDS
Biletnikoff Award Watch List (2017)
Notre Dame Offensive Player of the Year (2016)
ST. BROWN’S CAREER HIGHS
Points scored:12, 2x, last vs. Syracuse, Oct. 1, 2016
Touchdowns:2, 2x, last vs. Syracuse, Oct. 1, 2016
Receptions: 7, at USC, Nov. 26, 2016
Receiving yards:182, vs. Syracuse, Oct. 1, 2016 (4 receptions)
Receiving TDs:2, 2x, last vs. Syracuse, Oct. 1, 2016
Long reception: 79, vs. Syracuse, Oct. 1, 2016
All-purpose yards: 182, vs. Syracuse, Oct. 1, 2016
Punt returns: 1, vs. USC, Oct. 17, 2015
Punt return yards: 18, vs. USC, Oct. 17, 2015 (1 return)
Blocked kicks: 1, vs. USC, Oct. 17, 2015
SOPHOMORE SEASON (2016)
Started at wide receiver in all 12 games
Led the Irish receiving corp with 58 grabs, 961 yards and nine TDs, which all ranked as the third most by a Notre Dame sophomore
Ranked sixth in receiving yards (961), tied for sixth in TD receptions (nine), seventh in receiving yards per game (80.1) and tied for 15th in receptions per game (4.8) among FBS freshmen and sophomores
Ranked among the country’s top 50 receivers overall in receiving touchdowns (t-36th), receiving yards per game (41st) and receiving yards (45th)
Four of his nine TD catches went for at least 29 yards
Registered at least one TD catch in seven of the 12 games
Recorded two multi-receiving TD games
Eclipsed 100 yards receiving in two games, including back-to-back outings against Duke (Sept. 24) and Syracuse (Oct. 1)
Registered a catch of at least 30 yards in six of Notre Dame’s 12 games
Recorded four of Notre Dame’s six receptions of at least 48 yards
Registered five of team’s 10 receptions of at least 40 yards
Recorded 15 receptions of at least 20 yards
36 of his 58 receptions went for a first down or touchdown
13 of his 16 third-down receptions went for a first down or touchdown
Registered four catches for 182 yards and two TDs against Syracuse (Oct. 1), including scoring grabs of 79 and 67 yards
First Irish receiver with multiple TD catches of at least 67 yards in one game since Michael Floyd in 2009
FRESHMAN SEASON (2015)
Played in seven games as a reserve wide receiver and on special teams
Suffered a season-ending shoulder injury during practice and missed the final four games of the season (Wake Forest, Boston College, Stanford and Ohio State)
Caught one pass on the season for eight yards (vs. UMass, Sept. 26)
Blocked a punt that was returned for a TD in the victory over rival USC (Oct. 17)
Notre Dame’s previous blocked punt for a touchdown was by Robert Blanton against Utah on Nov. 13, 2010
HIGH SCHOOL AND PERSONAL DATA
Listed as 63rd player nationally by ESPN 300, 71st by Tom Lemming, 84th on PrepStar Top 150 Dream Team, 144th by Rivals.com, 160th by 247Sports and 207 by Scout.com
Made 32 receptions for 485 yards and four touchdowns as senior wide receiver in 2014 at Servite High School in Anaheim, California
Helped 2014 team to 4-6 regular-season mark, then first-round playoff loss to Pac-5 semifinalist Long Beach Poly
Caught 42 passes for 725 yards and six TDs as junior in 2013
Played in Under Armour All-American Bowl in St. Petersburg, Florida, catching one pass for six yards
Fluent in English, German and French
Mother Miriam was born in Germany
Father John Brown was a two-time Mr. Universe and three-time Mr. World in weight-lifting
Full name is Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown
Two younger brothers--Osiris Adrian Amen-Ra J. St. Brown and Amon-Ra Julian Heru J. St. Brown Enrolled in the Mendoza College of Business, majoring in management consulting

A lot of young WR on the roster now... Loss of Nelson will be a huge hole... Who will these guys learn from?? Who will mentor them???

Gonna be a tough year for Arod....

A lot of young WR on the roster now... Loss of Nelson will be a huge hole... Who will these guys learn from?? Who will mentor them???

Gonna be a tough year for Arod....
Adams and Cobb have to step up in that role and WR coach needs to be good at developing these young guys. Lots of speed and potential.

Shocking change in WR philosophy from TT to Gute. In 13 years I don't believe TT drafted a WR over 6'3. Today we got, what, 2 or 3 of them? TT looked for polish, Gute, at least on day 3, looked for physical traits. Lots of competition. Nevermind Davis, Yancey and the UDFAs - I'm not convinced Cobb is safe either.

Not going to disagree rp, because I do believe he was targeting some size/speed type guys, but part of it might have been what was available. He took what the draft was giving him. As I was looking at the "what's left" on a couple of sites as the draft was going down, it seemed like there were a number of height/speed WRs still on most of those boards. Beside the guys we drafted a fair number of the rest of them were guys over 6 feet with some speed.

Shocking change in WR philosophy from TT to Gute. In 13 years I don't believe TT drafted a WR over 6'3. Today we got, what, 2 or 3 of them? TT looked for polish, Gute, at least on day 3, looked for physical traits. Lots of competition. Nevermind Davis, Yancey and the UDFAs - I'm not convinced Cobb is safe either.
If he did that he's damn fool. GB is running a timing based offense that demands route running. Jeff Janis is what 2 out of 3 of these were so why are we going there again ??? They are great prospects not dissing the players but they don't fit what your doing here. It's just odd.

McGinn:
NFC scout: “He has a ton of ability but I have a hard time hanging my hat on him. I can see him going as high as the second but to me he’s a later third or fourth round. He’s a height, weight, speed guy for sure. Tall, can run, good route runner, got ball skills. But he’s not very tough. He’s not very strong. He’s a good kid but he’s kind of strange. Little bit of a (Todd) Marinovich upbringing. His dad (John) groomed the kid. St. Brown’s dad is a former power lifter. Really involved with the kid. I like to see active fathers but the kid has some quirks that I think come from the dad. He refused to play special teams. He doesn’t stretch. He might end up butting heads a little bit with the weight coach. The kid’s not disrespectful. But if you draft the kid you’re getting the dad. He’s got upside, but I don’t think he should have come out.”

AFC scout: “I don’t really like him. His speed surprised the heck out of me. I estimated 4.65. He’s fourth or fifth round because he is big and he can catch. But he’s not quick. His dad sounds like the basketball Ball family. I guess he’s not as extreme as the Ball gang. He has height and hands. In 14 games he caught one touchdown pass. He wasn’t even the primary receiver there.”

NFC scout: “He needed to stay in school. Hell of a story the way his dad raised him and the intelligence but I didn’t think he was a very good player. Dad trained the kids and the mom (Miriam) taught them three to five different languages. Dad was Mr. Universe. All 4.0 students. Like genius kids. The dad put the St. in front of the name to make them stand out. As a player, he’s really just a guy.”

[bcolor=#ffff00]He refused to play special teams. He doesn’t stretch. He might end up butting heads a little bit with the weight coach. The kid’s not disrespectful. But if you draft the kid you’re getting the dad. He’s got upside, but I don’t think he should have come out.” [/bcolor]

Not playing ST in the pros isn't an option. Reading between the lines he's a bit of a head case.

Maybe Jimmy G. There's not much he couldn't share if they choose to listen.

Adams and Cobb aren't exactly the bottom of the barrel, either.

He refused to play special teams. He doesn’t stretch. He might end up butting heads a little bit with the weight coach. The kid’s not disrespectful. But if you draft the kid you’re getting the dad. He’s got upside, but I don’t think he should have come out.”

Not playing ST in the pros isn't an option. Reading between the lines he's a bit of a head case.

At this point, who knows. Maybe his family is the head case, and he's lucky to be free of them. None of this crap will be acceptable on this team as far as I can see. (hopefully)

McGinn:
NFC scout: “He has a ton of ability but I have a hard time hanging my hat on him. I can see him going as high as the second but to me he’s a later third or fourth round.

AFC scout: “I don’t really like him. His speed surprised the heck out of me. I estimated 4.65. He’s fourth or fifth round because he is big and he can catch.

So he was 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th round. Only he wasn't. Gotta love this stuff. :)

[bcolor=#ffff00]He refused to play special teams. He doesn’t stretch. He might end up butting heads a little bit with the weight coach. The kid’s not disrespectful. But if you draft the kid you’re getting the dad. He’s got upside, but I don’t think he should have come out.” [/bcolor]

Wow. Great find. I had no idea about this kid. It'll be interesting to see how it works out with MM and staff.

Yeah I read that someone referred to his dad as a Lavar Ball type of father.

Back