With Their First Pick in the 2024 Draft GB Selects OT Jordan Morgan

I think this also whos that Walker is probably being seen as a backup swing tackle.

Lot of fans on social media crying about Rasheed Walker saying they should make him the LT and put Morgan at RT or guard. If GB was sold on Walker they would have not drafted Morgan. ML has already said Morgan is getting 1st crack at the LT job. Walker looked ok but he only played a handful of games. It's hard to judge a 7th round pick being ready to be your guy at LT. If Morgan struggles Walker will get the chance to step in. But I think it's clear GB wants Morgan as the LT and and let Walker be the backup swing tackle.

Lot of fans on social media crying about Rasheed Walker saying they should make him the LT and put Morgan at RT or guard. If GB was sold on Walker they would have not drafted Morgan. ML has already said Morgan is getting 1st crack at the LT job. Walker looked ok but he only played a handful of games. It's hard to judge a 7th round pick being ready to be your guy at LT. If Morgan struggles Walker will get the chance to step in. But I think it's clear GB wants Morgan as the LT and and let Walker be the backup swing tackle.
Walker got benched for Nijman last year and was splitting reps until late in the year. He played better down the stretch but nothing to blow anyone out of the water.

At the season end pressers Gute and especially ML were pissed. They said they wanted more competition and that they wanted to drive everyone to get better next year. Not sure why anyone thought they were effing around.

Left tackle and safety were the two highest priority needs going into the draft, no matter what anyone wants to believe. I doubt the Packers even considered looking elsewhere. Having signed one solid, experienced safety meant they could work for these two needs. It worked out great, and they were able to get their third early pick that could also become instant help.

By and large, whether or not you agree with me, or the Packer's picks, they did what some of us saw as being needed when we studied the depth chart prior to the draft, and free agent signings.

Back