With Their First Pick In Round 6 GB Selects Aaronn Ripkowski FB Oklahoma

Mark87

Carpe Diem
Admin
Reaction score
Website
wisconsinsportstalk.net
2014: named All-Big 12 second team by the league's coaches. Played in all 13 games with nine starts at fullback. 2013: Played in all 13 games. 2012: Played in 12 games with one start. 2011: Saw reserve duty in nine contests.

PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 4.71 and 4.69 seconds
Vertical jump: 33 inches
Broad jump: 9 feet, 5 inches
Short shuttle: 4.33 seconds
3-cone drill: 7.59 seconds
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Outstanding size. Knows he is in to be a hammerhead for Sooners' rushing attack and takes great pride in that. Carries good speed and knee bend to his target. Drops low and explodes into linebackers with his outside shoulder, issuing a jarring, powerful pop. Looks for additional work after making first contact. Also took snaps as an in-line tight end.
WEAKNESSES
Will duck his head before contact, briefly losing sight of his target. Leans into his block prematurely at times losing power and leverage. Hands must improve in both sustaining and delivering a punch. Used very sparingly as a pass-catcher and appears to be a one-trick pony.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 7 or priority free agent
BOTTOM LINE
Old-school blocking back who will have a hit or two each game that wows the crowd and gets his teammates fired up. He often charges in head-first and with a lowered head, so his success rate can vary greatly from game to game. Lack of pass-catching background hurts his chances.

I think this is a good pick up... Kuhn is good in pass pro, can block decently, but isn't exactly a hammer when you need to make a hole in the line for Lacy......

While I agree we needed to add a young FB at some point, it makes me wonder about Kuhn and the roster numbers. Do we have room for 2 FBs? Would they cut Kuhn and just go with a rookie? Maybe they keep an extra FB this year and cut the TE number by one.

While I agree we needed to add a young FB at some point, it makes me wonder about Kuhn and the roster numbers. Do we have room for 2 FBs? Would they cut Kuhn and just go with a rookie? Maybe they keep an extra FB this year and cut the TE number by one.
Personally I think he goes through TC gets cut at end goes on PS then goes through TC again 2016 and makes the team.

Depends on how Kuhn looks in camp.. His contract isn't an issue to cut Kuhn if the young kid really turns it on.

We already most likely have to cut TE by one in order to fit all our WR's. So in reality I think it's Kuhn or the kid. And if Crockett turns into a nice find we need that spot for an RB. Just don't see GB keeping 2 FBs.

He looks to be a better blocking version of Kuhn who will improve our chances in short yardage situations to keep drives alive and finish them off. Nothing to sneeze at. Kuhn isn't a spring chicken... maybe time for fresh legs

Back