With their 3rd pick in the 2021 draft GB selects WR Amari Rodgers Clemson

Gute saying they were trying for a while to move up to get Rodgers and paid a high price to move up to get him but he was worth it.

When working the phones to trade up Gute's people asked how much he's willing to give up to get Rodgers. Gute said he thought of Ted moving up to get Clay. When his guys asked how much do you want to give up Ted says I don't think you understand I want the player.

Tune in to the Kentucky Derby today if you want Rodgers’ passive aggressive response

The physical comparison to Cobb is uncanny. Hopefully he can play like Cobb.

Cobb - 5ft-10 1/4, 40 time of 4.55 seconds, vertical of 33.5 inches.
Rodgers - 5ft-9 1/2, 40 time of 4.50 seconds, vertical of 33 inches.
Biggest difference between the two is weight.
Cobb weighed 191 when drafted.
Rodgers weighs 212, and 20 lbs is a significant difference.
Rodgers is built like a RB.
The Deebo Samuels comparisons are just as valid as the Cobb comparisons.

I like the Amari Rodgers pick to be honest. That said, it's the only pick we've made to this point that I do like.

I'll go against the grain here and say I am lukewarm to the pick, like the player a lot BUT it somewhat goes against the principles of ML base offense. Anytime you see a coach offense/defense go against their base...it's a redflag.

tc(

I'll go against the grain here and say I am lukewarm to the pick, like the player a lot BUT it somewhat goes against the principles of ML base offense. Anytime you see a coach offense/defense go against their base...it's a redflag.

tc(
Maybe they felt they were lacking a true slot WR and Rodgers fills that role.

Back