McGinn scout>>

JAVON BULLARD, S, GEORGIA

• Rd. 2/Pk. 58.
  • Height: 5-10 ½.
  • Weight: 199.
  • 40: 4.45.
  • Wonderlic: NA.
  • Hometown: Milledgeville, Ga.
Fact/Stat: Followed Minnesota’s Tyler Nubin (No. 47) as the second safety drafted. Named defensive MVP in both the semifinal and final games in 2022 on Georgia’s drive to the national championship.

NFC scout: “I like him a lot. He can run and cover a lot of ground. He can help over the top. He’s not great in man coverage but well enough, and he’s got very good hands. He’s got a big upside. He’s not as good as Nubin and (Kamren) Kinchens but he’s probably right after those guys. Late second, early third round. He can play either safety spot.”

NFC scout: “More of a downhill type but he’s a notch better than a box safety. Real good against the run. He will hammer you when he gets you in his sights. More of a backup-special teams player. Little tight in the hips. He’ll lose a step on the turn. He’s got a good pedal and he’s got quick feet, but he loses a step on the turn because he’s just tight in the hips. He has good short and underneath cover skills in both man and zone but he gets lost the deeper he goes. I kind of questioned his instincts. He can be a late second, early third with that kind of speed.”

NFC scout: “He’s a slam dunk as the No. 1 (safety). He can’t cover (wideouts) but he’s a safety. He’s square and he’s a secure open-field tackler. Solid.”

AFC scout: “Third, fourth round. Instinctive. He’s physical, he’ll strike. He’s kind of, like, maxxed out. Good football player. He’s better than (Georgia’s) Tykee Smith. Little bigger and more talented. Similar, but a better version of Smith.”

NFC scout: “I didn’t see much to him. Are you kidding me with this guy? He looks like a corner. Short and thin. He’s active and has instincts. He’s also limited athletically. He tries, but he just can’t get to where he needs to go — in coverage and run support. Very limited athletically. He cannot do that (cover wideouts). Not at all (a big hitter). I thought he was a free agent.”

AFC scout: “He’s kind of a combination safety and nickel.”

AFC scout: “He can play free and strong. He’s just not prototypical size in height and length (30 3/4 -inch arms). He does have good feet. He tested well. I would see him going in the third.”

AFC scout: “I moved him from the third round to the second after he ran 4.45. Good player. He’s instinctive and can tackle. He has some cover ability. Strictly a safety.”

After some time and review I like this pick where we made it. He is super instinctual. Some of the routes he jumped and almost picked off can't be taught. He is a football player. He may never be an all pro eraser, but I think he will be a pretty good pro. He's a known hard worker. I think they use him in a variety of ways rather then one set position.

After some time and review I like this pick where we made it. He is super instinctual. Some of the routes he jumped and almost picked off can't be taught. He is a football player. He may never be an all pro eraser, but I think he will be a pretty good pro. He's a known hard worker. I think they use him in a variety of ways rather then one set position.
Good points. Versatility is a big, big thing now in Green Bay, and this kid's got it.

To me, after watching Guter's presser, it would seem that Green Bay actually liked this kid better than DeJean, or at least they liked this kid and Edgerrin Cooper better than Dejean and some unknown other pick plus giving up a pick or two to get DeJean

Good points. Versatility is a big, big thing now in Green Bay, and this kid's got it.

To me, after watching Guter's presser, it would seem that Green Bay actually liked this kid better than DeJean, or at least they liked this kid and Edgerrin Cooper better than Dejean and some unknown other pick plus giving up a pick or two to get DeJean
Gute has always loved Georgia players. This guy knows the safety spot and has shown skill playing it. DeJean was a lot of media hype. Unknown if he can hold up as a CB in the NFL and he did not play safety at Iowa so you have no idea if he could do it in the NFL. Gute decided to play it safe not try to make a move for a talented player like a DeJean but take a known commidty in Bullard.

Back