With Orlando Arcia looming at shortstop, Jean Segura could be traded

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
With shortstop-of-the-future Orlando Arcia not far from the majors, where does that leave Jean Segura? We may begin to see this week as new GM David Stearns listens with open ears at baseball’s annual winter meetings.

Continue reading...

Quite honestly, they should pretty much trade everyone they can (except their young starting pitchers) for prospects. Segura can be a competent major league player, but I doubt he's ever a top-tier shortstop. Move him for some minor league prospects if you can.

Same with Adam Lind and even Lucroy if you can find a deal that will wow you. I'd also trade Garza, Gennett, Braun and K.Davis in a heartbeat, if I could, but I highly doubt anyone gives you anything for them so you are kind of stuck bringing them back.

This team needs to go into full rebuild mode and plan to lose a lot of games for the next 2-3 years. A few top-5 draft picks and a bunch of talent in the minors to develop would be the best recipe for building a winner who can sustain it for more than a couple of years.

Back