Wisconsin vs Iowa State - A trip to Sweet 16

I'm not going to complain. Iowa State played some tenacious defense, and losing Chucky 14 minutes into the game pretty much decided the game. We did not have a true point guard from there on in.

Hitting 2-22 from outside the arc was a killer. In fact, their shooting was terrible. But, a lot of that I have to give credit to ISU, for their tough defense.

Next year hints to be interesting. Some new pieces coming into the program, and new pieces coming into play. It's pretty much assumed that Davis will be gone, and Davison will be, for sure. It's going to fall on Wahl, and a bunch of guys who need to take huge steps up, to make them competitive. I'm anxious to see where this new batch of kids can take us.

I'm not going to complain. Iowa State played some tenacious defense, and losing Chucky 14 minutes into the game pretty much decided the game. We did not have a true point guard from there on in.

Hitting 2-22 from outside the arc was a killer. In fact, their shooting was terrible. But, a lot of that I have to give credit to ISU, for their tough defense.

Next year hints to be interesting. Some new pieces coming into the program, and new pieces coming into play. It's pretty much assumed that Davis will be gone, and Davison will be, for sure. It's going to fall on Wahl, and a bunch of guys who need to take huge steps up, to make them competitive. I'm anxious to see where this new batch of kids can take us.
I’m 100% with you. They ran 2 or 3 at Davis all day and the mid range pull up was there and he just did not hit it. There was one play in the first half when Neath rimmed out a 3 that would have put them up 5 or 6 I believe, he hits that I think they make a run.

They let them play physical all game and Crowl and Wahl looked at bit spooked, happens to kids What really showed to was the availability of Bowman. Not saying they win but I think the offense runs smoother and he’s really physical

I’m optimistic about next year. Nice core coming back, 3 news RS adds that have different skill sets.

The kids played hard. Unfortunately, they shot the basketball like me - all of them. I give a lot of credit to Iowa State's defense. But, we had clean looks and whiffed.

This year's over, but I think the team has a solid foundation.

Fire Gard

The kids played hard. Unfortunately, they shot the basketball like me - all of them. I give a lot of credit to Iowa State's defense. But, we had clean looks and whiffed.

This year's over, but I think the team has a solid foundation.

Fire Gard
Gard needs to step up and recruit better or prep these kids better. He has not got past round of 32 in last 4-5 years.

Gard needs to step up and recruit better or prep these kids better. He has not got past round of 32 in last 4-5 years.
Oh please. This is the same damn narrative as football and the same issues as football. The guy wins B1G coach of year 2x in 3 years and it’s not enough. Bo Ryan in his first 12 years made the round of 16 4x, round of 8 once. The recruiting has been fine the last 2 classes. 2020 class had 2 4 star kids and a 3 star kid named Johnny Davis

Oh please. This is the same damn narrative as football and the same issues as football. The guy wins B1G coach of year 2x in 3 years and it’s not enough. Bo Ryan in his first 12 years made the round of 16 4x, round of 8 once. The recruiting has been fine the last 2 classes. 2020 class had 2 4 star kids and a 3 star kid named Johnny Davis
Sorry Gard does not give free pass. he got to sweet 16 his first 2 years with Bo's Kids since then it's been a disappotiment. Just getting to the Tourney is not good enough.

Sorry Gard does not give free pass. he got to sweet 16 his first 2 years with Bo's Kids since then it's been a disappotiment. Just getting to the Tourney is not good enough.
It’s not a free pass. Just like football, winning the west is not enough. Yes basketball has the same restrictions and resource issues football does March is a crap shoot. Look at who lost this year. Whatever

Just for the record. The second year sweet 16 team was an 8 seed that best a 1 seed. But Bo’s kids were an 8 seed. Ok got it

Just for the record. The second year sweet 16 team was an 8 seed that best a 1 seed. But Bo’s kids were an 8 seed. Ok got it
So what has Gard done with his own kids? Nothing sorry in 5-6 years of doing nothing he deserves heat

So what has Gard done with his own kids? Nothing sorry in 5-6 years of doing nothing he deserves heat
He’s been coach of the year 2x last 3 years and won 65% of his games. By your logic Bo should have been canned after year 5 with his sorry tournament record. I get you don’t like Gard you never have. So…curious what mistakes did Gard make yesterday?

Back