Wisconsin Sports Talk 2016 College Football Tournament!

Crease Creature

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I am of the belief that if it's one and done, it's a tournament not a playoff(s), hence the title.

So, again, biggest departure is that undefeated conference champs are no longer the automatic highest seeds, which prevents teams like Arkansas State and SDSU from being in the top 4 (like last year (though this year the only teams undefeated in their conferences were Alabama, OU, and WMU)). I had originally gotten that idea from the WIAA (that's how they seed the postseason).

I can put up the sheet showing my seeding thought processes, but a lot of that is on paper so I'd have to scan and upload.

I found the bracketing to be more difficult than the seeding, as the four B1G teams made it difficult. At one point I had Penn St, Ok State, Michigan, and OU in the Midwest, but felt comfortable with the familiar 12/5 matchup and moving the #16 seed out east.

So enjoy! Tell me what you'd have done different (within the parameters of my selection, seeding, and bracketing process), and who you think can run the table to Pasadena!

I will admit, despite not having done my weekly poll and having a good grasp on the teams like I did last year, the research this year was much, much easier. I didn't have to make too big a stretch to leave Colorado out. I also feel like I couldn't include one of the myriad of 4-loss SEC teams that were sitting ranked in the teens.

The Pokes certainly validated my decision to include them and leave Colorado out.

Hey, I guess I also predicted the USC- Penn St and WMU-Wisconsin match ups

Now, would the Badgers beat Washington?

Back