Wisconsin RB signee Jordan Stevenson expected to join Badgers in fall

JakeKocoB5Q

Reaction score
14094869026_c024c05b95_o__1_.0.0.jpg

Wisconsin's top running back signee is still waiting on admission to the university, but should be in uniform at Camp Randall come fall.

In the week since the Wisconsin Badgers' incoming freshmen arrived on campus, one big name has been missing.

Jordan Stevenson, the four-star running back from Dallas (South Oak Cliff), is still waiting to clear admissions but is expected to join the Badgers by the time fall camp rolls around, Zach Heilprin of ESPNWisconsin reported Monday.

Stevenson will not be with the team during the summer, but head coach Paul Chryst expects the four-star recruit to be at the university and wearing cardinal red and white once the season starts.

"He's not enrolled for the summer, but we expect him to be with us for fall camp," Chryst said in an e-mail statement, according to Heilprin.

The issue is related to academics, as reported first by 247Sports. A quick search of the University of Wisconsin-Madison student directory shows that Stevenson is not currently enrolled.

The Wisconsin football program and its relation to UW's admission standards generated substantial discussion when former Badgers head coach Gary Andersen [BCOLOR=#ffffff]admitted they were a reason[/BCOLOR] he left for Oregon State.

Stevenson told 247Sports' Ryan Bartow ($) that he's maintained great shape in the meantime.

Should he pass admissions and play for Wisconsin this fall, expect Stevenson to contribute immediately in the return game and even see action in the passing game. He chose the Badgers over offers from 10 schools, including Alabama, Ohio State, Texas, UCLA and Arkansas.

Continue reading...

Well that's good news, but unfortunately it will leave him somewhat behind. Not as much time to learn the offense. Let's hope this actually happens and that there isn't another hurdle come Fall.

Well that's good news, but unfortunately it will leave him somewhat behind. Not as much time to learn the offense. Let's hope this actually happens and that there isn't another hurdle come Fall.
Not a big issue. Deal is the #2 RB. My guess he red shirts

They plan on using him for kick return and special packages. The fact that he is upbeat and positive is a great sign. thumbsup

Agree, that's what I have read as well. I don't see him as the red-shirting sort.

I think he sees his trajectory as "getting snaps" his freshman year. Clement likely has a big year sending him to the NFL. Stevenson becomes the #2 guy as a soph and the bell-cow as a junior and then hits the NFL. Not saying it will go that way, but as talented as he is physically, I'm thinking that is how he sees his time at UW playing out - like many talented RBs before him, both Badgers and others.

Agree, that's what I have read as well. I don't see him as the red-shirting sort.

I think he sees his trajectory as "getting snaps" his freshman year. Clement likely has a big year sending him to the NFL. Stevenson becomes the #2 guy as a soph and the bell-cow as a junior and then hits the NFL. Not saying it will go that way, but as talented as he is physically, I'm thinking that is how he sees his time at UW playing out - like many talented RBs before him, both Badgers and others.

Antonio Williams will be the featured back in 2 years. JMO

I wish we were as successful recruiting QBs as we are O linemen and RBs.

I wish we were as successful recruiting QBs as we are O linemen and RBs.

Actually have a very good QB in Alex Hornibrook coming on this year and next years recruit Kare ' Lyles stock has skyrocketed in recent weeks has he has really impressed at his summer camps.

So 2 really good kids coming on at QB. :)

Actually have a very good QB in Alex Hornibrook coming on this year and next years recruit Kare ' Lyles stock has skyrocketed in recent weeks has he has really impressed at his summer camps.

So 2 really good kids coming on at QB. :)

Well this is indeed good news. UW(

Back