Wisconsin football recruiting: Three-star tight end Jake Hescock commits to Badgers

JakeKocoB5Q

Reaction score
usa-today-8168553.0.jpg

The Badgers have themselves another basketball-sized target to throw to at tight end.

Wisconsin Badgers recruiting watchers have always seemed to have good news coming in for June.

The class has started taking shape in the past month, and the Badgers are hovering around a top 25 class with the run they've been on. Salisbury, Conn. tight end Jake Hescock committed to the Badgers via Twitter Friday, giving them another big addition to a growing class.

Hescock -- a 247Sports' composite three-star recruit and 41st-ranked tight end in the class of 2016 (44th by Scout.com) -- is a big man at tight end at 6'7 and 235 pounds. BadgerNation.com's Ben Worgull noted on Monday that Hescock would be making a decision shortly after his most recent visit to Madison. He recently named a top three that included Pittsburgh and Wake Forest. He also received offers from Old Dominion, Temple, and UConn.

Looking at his Hudl profile below, he's definitely not averse to using his size in the passing game. He's really good at finding a seam in a zone and sitting down and making the grab. Also, he's a solid blocker. He can get linebackers and safeties moving on rails, for sure. That said, he's definitely going to a school that would develop that skill into something better.

Extremely blessed to say that I have committed to play football at the University of Wisconsin. #badgers ⚪pic.twitter.com/J5PI2OzAyo

— Jake Hescock (@JakeHescock) June 26, 2015

With New Canaan (St. Luke's School), Conn.'s Jacob Morgenstern committing to Duke on Friday, only a new offer has a realistic chance to add to the tight end spot.

Continue reading...

Looking at his offensive tape it makes me wonder how he will ever be stopped in the redzone. He will probably bulk up to 250-260 for sure and at his height that's almost impossible to defend given he can run routes lined up on the line or spread out wide. That and he's one of the best blocking TE's in his state. Then you look at his defensive film and he could be a nightmare there if he decides to switch to the DL given his height and quickness off the ball.

Yup, impressive looking athlete on both sides of the ball. Saw a Hudl film of him on another site. I like him at TE because Chryst knows how to use the TE position and make those guys productive. However, if that doesn't work out . . . see if he can bulk up to 250-270 and use him as a 3-4DE. I bet he'd hold up pretty well there as well. Solid get.

Big tall kid could be a demon in the red zone. Supposed to be a great blocker. Might pair with this years freshman TE Kyle Penniston in the 2 tight sets PC and company love to run. If they can nab that 4 star WR then this class is really looking great.

Back