Wisconsin football recruiting: Jamil Kamara to visit UW this weekend; Keldric Preston,...

JakeKocoB5Q

Reaction score
16075890004_a5672d65ee_o.0.0.jpg

Even aside from the pair of commitments, positive vibes continued for the Badgers this weekend with a promising visit from another Florida recruit.

What a Saturday for Wisconsin football.

In what arguably was one of the program's most successful recruiting days from a verbal commitment standpoint, two four-star standouts -- Green Bay (Bay Port), Wis., offensive tackle Cole Van Lanen and St. Petersburg (Admiral Farragut Academy), Fla., safety Craig Watts -- verbally pledged to play for the Wisconsin Badgers.

What do their commitments mean to the program, not to mention the rest of the 2016 class? B5Q's Andrew Rosin laid it out in his column on Sunday.

Report: Jamil Kamara to officially visit UW this weekend

Former four-star and Virginia Cavaliers wide receiver Jamil Kamara will officially visit Wisconsin this upcoming weekend, 247Sports' Evan Flood reported on Sunday. The former Badgers target had Gary Andersen's coaching staff and the program in his final three before committing to the Cavaliers for the class of 2015.

Flood details more in his report from Sunday ($). As noted previously on B5Q, Kamara will have to sit out this upcoming season if he transfers to Wisconsin, but would be eligible to play for the Badgers starting with the 2016 season.

Kamara had one catch for 5 yards in his freshman season at Virginia.

Keldric Preston visits Wisconsin

Tampa (Robinson), Fla., defensive end Keldric Preston visited Madison this weekend as a part of his current college tour. A three-star recruit by 247Sports' composite rankings, the 6'4, 240-pound Preston felt very positive about his visit according to BadgerBlitz.com's Dan Broughton.

On a scale of 1-10, I would rate it a solid 9. I really feel like they did their best to show me how much I'm wanted there. I really tried to go up there without any preconceived expectations and keep an open mind about the visit. They really just showed me a good time and I loved it.

Preston said he sees himself fitting into Wisconsin's defensive scheme and holds high regard for defensive coordinator Dave Aranda as a great man in charge of the defensive unit.

247Sports still has Miami as the probable landing spot for Preston, but a positive visit could do wonders for a Wisconsin squad that has already had a terrific recruiting summer. Preston has offers from the Hurricanes, Penn State, Boston College, Mississippi State, South Florida and Pitt, among others.

Jordan Willis looks for Wisconsin offer

Ponta Vedra (Nease), Fla., defensive back Jordan Willis camped in Madison this week ($) looking to impress the Badgers' coaching staff. The composite three-star player has yet to receive an offer from the Badgers and hopes this performance might inspire the coaching staff to send one his way. Currently, he's received a handful of offers, most notably from Cincinnati and Utah.

For a team like Wisconsin which often uses outside blitzes, Willis could be a nice addition to the 2016 class. He needs to work on his quickness and acceleration, but once he picks up a head of steam, he's a nightmare. Willis also has good recovery ability in coverage and is a sound tackler.

If the Badgers don't receive commitments from several defensive backs higher on their board -- especially with three-star Tallahassee (North Florida Christian), Fla., cornerback Armunz Matthews committing to South Florida on Saturday -- they could send an offer Willis' way down the road.

Continue reading...

Too bad Kamara will have Stave as his QB if he commits... :eek:

On the downside, rumor from a UW site is that the 4-star running back from Texas, Stevenson, who was supposed to be in Madison this coming fall may not be able to enroll. Admissions related issues it sounds like. Many observers thought he could be in the mix for the #2 or #3 RB and get significant snaps. Not sure when someone from the UW will confirm or deny the rumor, but if true, it could be a blow for the RB position.

Back