Wisconsin football recruiting: Four-star safety Craig Watts commits to Badgers

JakeKocoB5Q

Reaction score
16697108162_82a2c8bd41_o.0.0.jpg

The Badgers landed their second four-star recruit on Saturday when St. Petersburg, Fla., safety picked Wisconsin over offers from a variety of powerhouse schools.

Wisconsin's recruiting hot streak continued on Saturday when four-star St. Petersburg (Admiral Farragut Academy), Fla., safety Craig Watts verbally committed to the Badgers.

Earlier in the day, four-star Green Bay (Bay Port), Wis., offensive tackle Cole Van Lanen also pledged to UW.

Simply put, Watts' commitment is huge for Wisconsin. 247Sports' composite rankings peg him as the No. 16 safety in the class of 2016 and the No. 41 player from Florida. He's Wisconsin's first ever four-star recruit from Florida, and while on his unofficial visit to Madison this weekend he chose the Badgers over nearly 40 offers such as Alabama, Arizona, Florida, Florida State, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Ohio State and many more.

I'm Blessed to Say that I've Committed to the University of Wisconsin #Onwisconsin @WeBelieveInMe_ @BadgerFootball pic.twitter.com/MRu42nw9I4

— Craig Watts Jr. (@NoFlyZone_2016) June 20, 2015

Watts, a 6'0, 180-pound prospect, is expected to play strong safety for Wisconsin. He joins Seth Currens at the position; Currens committed to the Badgers on May 30. The Badgers will graduate seven or so defensive backs after this upcoming season, so the position seems to be in good hands.

Defensive coordinator Dave Aranda is credited with the commitment here. At 12 known verbal commitments, Wisconsin's 2016 recruiting class currently stands No. 26 in 247Sports' composite rankings.

We'll have more on Watts, Van Lanen and the rest of this weekend's Wisconsin recruiting buzz shortly. For now, enjoy Watts' Hudl tape below -- this kid looks promising.

Continue reading...

Well no more need to listen to me wondering if Chryst was going to get "name" recruits. Van Lanen was expected, but that Watts is a hell of a catch.

Back