Wisconsin football recruiting: Four-star OLB Noah Burks commits to Badgers

JakeKocoB5Q

Reaction score
18346711682_0223b567be_o.0.0.jpg

The Badgers received a verbal commitment on Saturday from a talented outside linebacker from Indiana.

The Wisconsin Badgers continue to add to their 2016 recruiting class on the defensive side of the ball.

On Saturday, composite three-star, Carmel, Ind., outside linebacker Noah Burks tweeted his verbal commitment to play for Wisconsin. His announcement follows three-star defensive lineman Tyler Biadasz, who [BCOLOR=#ffffff]committed to the Badgers[/BCOLOR] earlier this week.

Burks is Wisconsin's seventh commit for 2016 and the second outside linebacker after Mason Stokke. He is also the fifth defensive player in the seven-player class.

The 6'3, 221-pound Burks, ranked a four-star recruit by 247Sports had offers from Minnesota, Boston College and most notably Maryland. The Terrapins were the Badgers' primary competition for the linebacker's commitment before Saturday's announcement.

After a recent visit to Maryland in late May, Burks told Scout.com things were "pretty much even" and a recent report by 247Sports' Evan Flood suggested a decision may not be in the making for a while ($).

Regardless, the talented linebacker committed to play for head coach Paul Chryst and defensive coordinator Dave Aranda late Saturday.

Excited to announce that I have committed to the University of Wisconsin to further my football career and education! pic.twitter.com/WiDFKj0fDF

— Noah Burks (@noahburks2) June 13, 2015

Congratulations quickly poured in from two of Wisconsin's verbal commits:

My man! The future is bright! Who's next? #OnWisconsin https://t.co/5sfjM3A8h2

— Karé Lyles (@klyles9) June 13, 2015

@noahburks2 BIG TIME!! Welcome to the fam bro! #OnWisconsin ⚪⚪

— Antonio Williams™ (@A_B_Williams34) June 13, 2015

Burks is ranked the best outside linebacker in the state of Indiana by Scout.com (ninth in the Midwest), the 38th overall outside linebacker by 247Sports' composite rankings and 48th by Rivals.

Continue reading...

Back