Wisconsin football recruiting: Four-star OL Cole Van Lanen commits to Badgers

JakeKocoB5Q

Reaction score
usa-today-8168682.0.jpg

The highly touted Van Lanen verbally pledged to the Badgers on Saturday.

The nearly two-week recruiting run for the Wisconsin Badgers continues with a big splash.

Four-star Green Bay (Bay Port), Wis., offensive lineman Cole Van Lanen committed via Twitter Saturday morning to play for head coach Paul Chryst and the Wisconsin program at the next level.

The 6'5, 275-pound four-star recruit, per 247Sports' composite rankings, received offers from Big Ten conference rivals Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State and Nebraska. He's rated as the 20th-best offensive tackle in the nation.

Van Lanen is the second offensive lineman to verbally commit to Wisconsin for the class of 2016, as Forest Lake, Minn.'sPatrick Kasl committed early this week. Despite missing out on Hartland (Arrowhead), Wis., offensive lineman Ben Bredeson earlier this week to Michigan, the Badgers gained an explosive, versatile and athletic lineman who's also confirmed to be a participant in the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

Honored to announce that I have signed and committed to play in the U.S. Army All American Bowl!! #ArmyBowl pic.twitter.com/IhFy77OpWG

— Cole Van Lanen (@colevanlanen5) June 3, 2015

Van Lanen is not only an accomplished prep football standout as a WFCA first-team All-State selection, but he also won state championships in WIAA Division I shot put and discus.

The Green Bay native is the 11th known verbal commit to Wisconsin for the class of 2016.

I couldn't be more happy to announce that I have officially decided to become a badger! #onwisconsin pic.twitter.com/C4qHu2GM2B

— Cole Van Lanen (@colevanlanen5) June 20, 2015

Continue reading...

Back