Wisconsin Football: Mertz tests positive for COVID

If they play, we're going to see just how good a defensive coach Jim Leonhard is. I have a hunch he's going to have his squad ready to play the best damned football they ever have, under his guidance. It would be exciting, seeing if they can hold the opposition down to 10 or less per game. If they do, they could have a shot at wins through until Michigan.

From what I've seen so far, they can play lights out. It just could happen.

If they play, we're going to see just how good a defensive coach Jim Leonhard is. I have a hunch he's going to have his squad ready to play the best damned football they ever have, under his guidance. It would be exciting, seeing if they can hold the opposition down to 10 or less per game. If they do, they could have a shot at wins through until Michigan.

From what I've seen so far, they can play lights out. It just could happen.
I think we already know how good he is to be honest. My much bigger concern is running the ball better, better OL play and ability to be on the TOP plus side

TOP will be important. It's time for one of our RBs to step up and show that they can carry the mail at least somewhat like Taylor did. I think we have 3, maybe 4 guys, who could break through and be that guy. I thought Watson would be there, but what I saw last Saturday told me the light hasn't come on yet.

I prefer to be upbeat about what can happen on Saturday. I think this game is going to show us just how much this team wants to win. Nebraska is going to be smelling blood. Let's hope it's their own.

The problem with our RB’s is a combination of things. Watson is more a north / south back and has issues planting his foot and cut. Perfect example was his run in the 3rd I believe, wide open cut back in open field and just could not explode Taylor walks in for a score there. Guerendo has more upside just needs reps. Other issue is line missed a lot of blocks. Hopefully they stay healthy and gel

The problem with our RB’s is a combination of things. Watson is more a north / south back and has issues planting his foot and cut. Perfect example was his run in the 3rd I believe, wide open cut back in open field and just could not explode Taylor walks in for a score there. Guerendo has more upside just needs reps. Other issue is line missed a lot of blocks. Hopefully they stay healthy and gel
That came up during the game on here. There was that one run that Watson got tripped up, but as you said JT would have made that cut and scored. When they are crowding the line to stuff the run, there are plays like that where the RB just has to make 1 or 2 guys miss and then take it all the way.

ElXW5fVWkAMQWkC

@NicoleAuerbach
· 5m
NEWS: As of Wednesday morning, a total of 12 people within the Wisconsin football program had tested positive for COVID-19 in the past five days. That's six players and six staff members, including head coach Paul Chryst.

@NicoleAuerbach
· 5m
NEWS: As of Wednesday morning, a total of 12 people within the Wisconsin football program had tested positive for COVID-19 in the past five days. That's six players and six staff members, including head coach Paul Chryst.

Damn! This is going to have an impact.

Back