Wisconsin Football: Key matchups to watch vs. Kent State

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Wisconsin football will host the Kent State Golden Flashes on Saturday. Here are three matchups that could decide the outcome. Wisconsin football continued its undefeated season after beating Northwestern last week. Their defense continued to play extremely well, scoring more touchdowns than their own offense. They also added on five sacks, an interception (for a touchdown) […]

Wisconsin Football: Key matchups to watch vs. Kent State - Badger of Honor - Badger of Honor - A Wisconsin Badgers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

Continue reading...

Reactions: TW
I think Northwestern was more than a speed bump. They came out with a defensive plan that sacrificed some passing options to shut down the Badgers running game. It's going to be good tape for other teams to see, and emulate. I don't see Kent State being able to exploit them, but back in the Big 10, it's going to make each game a little tougher.

I dont think they stopped the running game. In his first 2 years Taylor was sub 100 yds rushing vs NW, this year he was plus 100. NW was just as much on scheme and play calling as is was on what NW did. I still maintain that if Wildgoose does not get the 15 yd bonehead call on 4th down, UW gets a short field just after scoring and goes up 10 or 14 points. Changed the entire feel of the game

That said UW wins big 35-7

Back