Wisconsin football: Former Badgers recruit Jordan Stevenson commits to Nebraska

JakeKocoB5Q

Reaction score
13653616824_310cb12bd4_o.0.0.jpg

Former Wisconsin running back signee Jordan Stevenson verbally committed to Nebraska on Thursday.

It didn't take long for former Wisconsin Badgers signee Jordan Stevenson to find a home.

Less than a week after being denied admission into Wisconsin and having his release granted from his letter of intent, the four-star recruit tweeted Thursday afternoon that he has committed to the Nebraska Cornhuskers.

This ensures the 5'8, 210-pound running back out of Dallas (South Oak Cliff) will face Wisconsin each year during his stay at Nebraska, as both the Badgers and Huskers are division rivals in the Big Ten West.

The Badgers will first see Stevenson on the road at Lincoln against the Huskers on Oct. 10.

I'm officially a Nebraksa corn Husker Go #GBR ⚪️ I will touchdown tomorrow #HuskerNation stay tune lets ride BIG RED truly blessed ⚪

— Jordanstevenson (@Jordanstevie2) July 30, 2015

Stevenson originally committed to Wisconsin a day after former head coach Gary Andersen bolted for Oregon State. That came after reopening his recruitment following a verbal commitment to Texas.

During the first day of Big Ten media days on Thursday, Wisconsin head coach Paul Chryst noted Stevenson "did everything" the coaching staff asked him to do, per the Wisconsin State Journal's Jason Galloway:

Not saying name specifically, Chryst said the delay on Stevenson's denial had to do with a test score. "He did everything we asked of him"

— Jason Galloway (@Jason_Galloway) July 30, 2015

However, Chryst did stand behind the university and the program, per B5Q's Curt Hogg:

PC: "I love the program, I love the University. I think the standards are a reason why we get some players, student-athletes to come."

— Curt Hogg (@CyrtHogg) July 30, 2015

Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez spoke on the broader topic of admissions for student athletes and the appeals process, including a hope to alter the current structure for appeals:

Wisconsin AD Barry Alvarez wants school to return to old admission process so player appeals are heard instead of just academic numbers.

— Jon Solomon (@JonSolomonCBS) July 30, 2015

Barry Alvarez said appeals process for admissions changed about 5 yrs ago -- now goes thru admissions first instead of individual college.

— Jason Galloway (@Jason_Galloway) July 30, 2015

#badgers Alvarez said appeals used to Foy through individual college first. Now Admissions first. Hopes to change back...

— Jeff Potrykus (@jaypo1961) July 30, 2015

Continue reading...

Back