Wisconsin could make it to the college playoffs

TW

Reaction score
If Georgia, Oklahoma, and Utah all lose, and Wisconsin does a beat down on OSU, there's a good chance they could slide into that 4th spot in the playoffs. It's not a strong chance, but a remote chance.

What happens in games earlier in the day will pretty much set things up. Utah travels to Oregon to play the 13th ranked Ducks at the same time as the Badger game. It just might be a case of two games at one time. I'm looking to using our TV for the Badgers and my phone for the Utah game.

Kind of exciting for Badger fans. Just imagining how things could be slightly different, if only the Badgers hadn't laid an egg against Illinois.

Edit: I stand corrected. The Utah game is Friday night, so the whole thing will be played out before the Badgers take the field.

Last edited:
If Georgia, Oklahoma, and Utah all lose, and Wisconsin does a beat down on OSU, there's a good chance they could slide into that 4th spot in the playoffs. It's not a strong chance, but a remote chance.

What happens in games earlier in the day will pretty much set things up. Utah travels to Oregon to play the 13th ranked Ducks at the same time as the Badger game. It just might be a case of two games at one time. I'm looking to using our TV for the Badgers and my phone for the Utah game.

Kind of exciting for Badger fans. Just imagining how things could be slightly different, if only the Badgers hadn't laid an egg against Illinois.

Just cannot see a path for UW even if they beat OSU

The Pac 12 game is in Santa Clara and if history is a guide lot of people will be disguised as empty seats and since the game is Friday nite you wont need 2 TV's. Still like Utah in that game but its going to be close. With Cager out for UGA and not sure how healthy Swift will be UGA will be challenged to move the ball vs LSU but UGA defense might keep if close. Sooners / Bears is hard to gauge. I watched the first game between the 2 , it was the tale of 2 half.

OSU, Clemson and LSU are locks, Clemson IF UVa pulls a major upset would be on the ledge. OSU / LSU even with a loss are in. So assuming Clemson wins the committee would have an interesting call to make. If UGA wins they are in as the 4th team...an LSU win would make the OU/Baylor game the "play in" game for the #4 slot OR Utah If they win and have no idea what they do then. Do they reward Baylor for beating OU (2 top 25 wins / loss to OU) or Utah with only 1 Top 25 win?

I'm looking forward to the game but I'm not super excited. Your first line says it all . . . a lot of things need to go right that day for everything to line up in the Badgers favor.

Here's what I'm hoping. The Badgers at least keep it close. The crappy thing about these championship games is that while it's an opportunity for a better Bowl game, it's also an "opportunity" to lose another game and actually drop down a rung. It's conceivable that the Badgers could lose Saturday and look "bad" against an outstanding OSU team and in the process have the Gophers get the better Bowl game. It's happened before, where the team that's idle comes out of the whole thing better than the team in the championship game. If they can keep it close, I think they can get to one of the premier Bowls.

Reactions: TW
I'm looking forward to the game but I'm not super excited. Your first line says it all . . . a lot of things need to go right that day for everything to line up in the Badgers favor.

Here's what I'm hoping. The Badgers at least keep it close. The crappy thing about these championship games is that while it's an opportunity for a better Bowl game, it's also an "opportunity" to lose another game and actually drop down a rung. It's conceivable that the Badgers could lose Saturday and look "bad" against an outstanding OSU team and in the process have the Gophers get the better Bowl game. It's happened before, where the team that's idle comes out of the whole thing better than the team in the championship game. If they can keep it close, I think they can get to one of the premier Bowls.

The way the committee ranked UW / Minnesota I cannot see them getting a better bowl game especially with the comments the committee chair made in support of UW. Barring a 59-0 boat race and yes its happened UW should get a New Years 6 game, Rose or Cotton, best case for Goofs is Outback

If the Badgers can remember to block Chase Young every play, we should do significantly better than we did last time.

Like I said, it's a reach, but it could happen.

It would have been really nice to have had Utah lose to Colorado and OU lose Bedlam, and then for them to win their conferences, but, as you said, it could still work out.

As the great Kevin Maurice Garnett once said: "Anything is possibllllllllllllllllllle"

Just cant under any scenario see the committee moving a 2 loss Wisconsin above a 1 loss Baylor, OU, Utah or UGA

Last edited:
have to agree with pack. no way wisconsin makes the cfp. mostly because i don't see any way the badgers beat osu. as far as what bowl they get, i've seen a couple of projections that say the badgers go to the citrus bowl, and psu goes to the rose.

The committee basically assured UW of a New Year 6 bowl last night being at 8 and PSU at 10 and with the comments from the committee chair in regards to UW even a 20 point loss should not drop UW below PSU.

Back