Wisconsin Badgers 2019 Early Signing Day Preview: Defensive End

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Believe it or not, the time to look ahead to 2019 is already here. While there is still the Pinstripe Bowl to be played, UW’s coaching staff is squarely focused on getting its recruiting class over the finish line. For many, that means signing on the early national signing day (Dec. 19) and we’ll be breaking down each position group as it stands heading in to the first time these recruits can...

Source

Continue reading...

They also have a couple more DTs that have committed and I would venture to guess that both of them will figure into the DL rotation and likely getting some snaps at DE as needed.

We do need help on both the defensive line, and at linebacker. I hope they come through with a few guys who can give the help needed in the future. Right now, the Badgers appear a little thin, depth wise, on both sides of the ball.

This 2019 class could be huge in 2-3 years when they start to get real playing time. Until then I think the Badgers could be 7-5 teams for the next 1-2 years with talent on this team.

This 2019 class could be huge in 2-3 years when they start to get real playing time. Until then I think the Badgers could be 7-5 teams for the next 1-2 years with talent on this team.

If you have a strong class they need to contribute right away. The big issues last year (2018) was injuries. Schedule is more favorable in 2019. Could they go 7-5 sure, just as easily could go 9-3 / 10-2

If you have a strong class they need to contribute right away. The big issues last year (2018) was injuries. Schedule is more favorable in 2019. Could they go 7-5 sure, just as easily could go 9-3 / 10-2

Usually though you don't see freshman play much unless they are a huge star.

I don't know about next year Pack. I'm not sure the schedule is that much more favorable. Non-conference foes are teams UW should handle, but the conference slate is pretty tough. The only one you look at and instantly check as a win is Illinois, even though it's away.

The have Mich, MSU, and OSU as their crossover games. Fortunately both Mich and MSU are at home. Nebraska and Minny are on the road and that will make both of those games much tougher.

It's good that NW, Iowa and Purdue are at the Camp, so that should make those games less 50:50. It's a pretty challenging slate. If Horni is still the QB (or even Coan) 9-3 is possible, but 7-5 is certainly in play. I think 8-4 is most likely.

Yeah I was taking into consideration games at home. Michigan is a toss if Patterson goes pro.

Back