Wisconsin Badgers 2018 Spring Football Preview: Outside Linebackers

Da-news-now

RSS Reporter
Reporter
Reaction score
Whether or not the weather will cooperate, the Wisconsin Badgers have rung Spring in with a few practices to date. Along with that we continue to dive in to every position and give you the need-to-know information for the 2018 version of the Badgers. Previous Previews: Quarterback | Cornerback | Offensive Line | Defensive Line | Wide Receiver | Inside Linebacker | Up today is a look at a position...

Source

Continue reading...

I only see two deep in evaluation, but I'd bet a shiny penny Leonhard has a couple of other guys who could make waves at the position, if asked. I don't see him going in with that few in the hunt for playing time. He's smarter than that.

Well, he can't pull guys out of thin air, but the article wasn't really very in-depth. There was no mention of Tyler Johnson who was getting some snaps last year and we really don't know much about red-shirt freshman Green-May, who only the coaches have really seen much of. Leonhard really doesn't need to find guys, he just needs to get the guys he already has coached up. He also has a couple of promising true freshman coming at OLB, but they probably won't be ready this fall. I think they will be fine with 4-5 OLBs this year unless they get a real rash of injuries.

Back