Wisconsin Athletic Resources

Lynette could put up part of Fos's fortune. He graduated from UW Madison. Nice guy, good basketball player.

Played a lot of basketball with Foster Freiss when we were kids.

100 million I would not consider that enough were he can write big checks and how much is cash and how much is in investments
Like I said he already is a doner to the university

Maybe it's time to tap the old guys with money. Herb Kohl and Bud Selig. Kohl's net worth is probably pretty close to $1 billion and Selig is probably around $4-500 million. Those two UW roommates should be able to toss $100mil in the UW kitty without much of a sweat.

They didn't get rich by giving their money away. And, very honestly, given the current climate, unless a person can give moneys and say exactly how they are to be used, why would they do it?

They didn't get rich by giving their money away. And, very honestly, given the current climate, unless a person can give moneys and say exactly how they are to be used, why would they do it?
Which they can dictate if it’s for a project. Even Badger Fund you can select a sport to designate

Let's see. Kohl Center. Ring a bell? Herb has always been there for viable projects. He's a huge benefactor.

No they didn't get rich giving their money away but in Herb's case there's some history there already - ie, the Kohl Center. Herb has a history of very large donations both to the University and the community. He's already done enough, but would not be surprised if he does it again.

Bud has done some smaller things in a more silent way. He's done some pretty significant things with the UW History Dept. by endowing 2 chairs (faculty positions) and a number of scholarships. He was co-teaching a class a few years ago on campus - not sure if he still does. He also wrote his memoir while on campus and has donated all of his papers to the Wisconsin Historical Society which is housed on campus.

Also, let's face it, money buys power, and with the kind of money these guys would be donating they can specify "exactly" how it will be used. Even smaller donations are able to be directed somewhat.

That said, Herb seems like much more of a hoops fan than a football fan, and I'm sure UW Athletics didn't exactly endear themselves to Bud by dropping baseball a few decades ago and never bringing it back. I pointed these guys out, more as a "where's the money" kind of thing among UW grads.

• Cheers
Reactions: TW
Back