Which QB?

i spent many hours in the library reading both of them. along with popular science and omni. lol.
Been involved w Mocks since 80's and did my own work and mocks starting mid 90's. But if talking other resources in early days it was Palmer's and Joel Bushbaum

Jones has been the odds on favorite until recently. If they don't move G before draft could be Lance as he's been going heat for 9era.

I would bet if not Jones they would go Lance. However in a live Mock with everyone on NFL net went Fields
Disagree with that. Jimmy stays in 2021 and let Jones / Fields / Lance sit. I think it’s Lance for that reason. Biggest upside but needs 1-2 years to sit

That seems the thinking of regardless who drafts Lance.

That said, their is some thinking he could be playing by mid season.

Latest live Mock on NFL w media and former NFL ppl representing all teams playing gm, had Lance going to Pats, Jones to Broncos and Fields to 9ers by Mooch.

I'm a bit surprised you're not higher on Fields. Have read what you said on him and mechanics. There was talk on AR's mechanics when he came out too and some on AR's arm strength. But we saw that all got worked out. So why not him?

Fields has been number 2 behind Lawrence all year, meets just about any criteria and out played Lawrence in playoff. But lately Wilson and Lance have been getting the pop. Imo a winner is a winner. Guess time will tell....

That seems the thinking of regardless who drafts Lance.

That said, their is some thinking he could be playing by mid season.

Latest live Mock on NFL w media and former NFL ppl representing all teams playing gm, had Lance going to Pats, Jones to Broncos and Fields to 9ers by Mooch.

I'm a bit surprised you're not higher on Fields. Have read what you said on him and mechanics. There was talk on AR's mechanics when he came out too and some on AR's arm strength. But we saw that all got worked out. So why not him?

Fields has been number 2 behind Lawrence all year, meets just about any criteria and out played Lawrence in playoff. But lately Wilson and Lance have been getting the pop. Imo a winner is a winner. Guess time will tell....
Fields is very “stiff” when he’s in the pocket. Not much bend and his hips are seem slow. Not saying 12 did not have issues but it’s was more release point things.

I get Fields looked really good vs Clemson but one game is just a data point. I’m not saying i don’t like Fields but Lance has more upside. Both have risks. As to Wilson, the arm strength is there, he’s got swag but like I said for every 5 “wow” throws there are 1-2 “WTF” throws.

So heard on radio in drive into work SF is going to pick either Mac Jones or Trey Lance. I don't understand the love affair with Mac Jones I just think he has a very limited upside and is not a guy you draft in the top 5. I can see the pick being Lance as has lots of upside but is going to need 1-2 years to sit and learn on the bench.

So heard on radio in drive into work SF is going to pick either Mac Jones or Trey Lance. I don't understand the love affair with Mac Jones I just think he has a very limited upside and is not a guy you draft in the top 5. I can see the pick being Lance as has lots of upside but is going to need 1-2 years to sit and learn on the bench.
#1 if you believe or buy into any media speculation this week thats a mistake. As to Jones, he is probably next to Lawerence the safest of the group, #2 if you buy into the notion that Shanny wants a Matt Ryan clone, Jones fits. Personally I think its Fields or Lance to SF

#1 if you believe or buy into any media speculation this week thats a mistake. As to Jones, he is probably next to Lawerence the safest of the group, #2 if you buy into the notion that Shanny wants a Matt Ryan clone, Jones fits. Personally I think its Fields or Lance to SF
They gave up a hell of a haul no matter which guy they take, hard to imagine either Jones or Lance are worth that.

They gave up a hell of a haul no matter which guy they take, hard to imagine either Jones or Lance are worth that.
thats todays NFL where QB's are overvalued. You have to assume Jimmy G is gone so Shanny will want a QB. Next year looks like Slovis or Howell are the most valued, Ive seen Sough's name thrown around but have not watched him take a snap. Rattler might be in the mix but really thats it. So pick your poison, if you think Lance / Fields is head and shoulders above that group you make a move

And one quick added thought
When they (SF) made the trade to move up they probably had the guys name on the slip to hand to the commissioner already unless some major red flags popped up

A few things here,

Justin Fields played qb @ Harrison HS in Kennesaw GA, Trevor L played FB @ Cartersville GA HS. So VERY familiar with both players. Lawrence is a straight-up stud player with all the intangibles you look for.

Fields has some mechanical issues but he also has some head issues,nuts(( doesn't deal with adversity well, has a tendency to do dumb things when the chips are down. No, he's not the #2 QB on my board that's Trey Lance and it's not close. ( keep in mind I also saw Justin as a freshman at UGA)

Niners want Lance, it's not even a well-kept secret. They spent hours with him at his last pro day and more time before that. Unless they red-flag him last minute that's their guy. (y)

Fields will go 3rd and then Jones. After that good luck! hide)

Back