Week 17 Packer Playoff Scenario Simplified

oakleaf

Reaction score
If Packers lose to DET at 12 noon CDT Sunday, only the NO@CAR game at the same time is meaningful:
  • if NO beats CAR:
    • Packers are #3 seed and play Vikings in WC round at Lambeau Field;
  • if CAR beats NO:
    • Packers are #2 seed with a first round bye.
If Packers beat DET, Packers earn first round bye and the 7:20PM CDT Sunday SF@SEA game becomes meaningful:
  • if SF beats SEA:
    • Packers are #2 seed with a first round bye;
  • if SEA beats SF:
    • Packers are #1 seed and clinch home field throughout the playoffs!

Odds:
  • #3 Seed: 1:5
  • #2 Seed: 1:1
  • #1 Seed: 1:2
  • First round bye: 5:1

Last edited:
I suppose then the question is do you work hard to beat Detroit on the road, and guarantee that 2 seed and the bye (which I would do)

Or do you rest guys, avoid injury to key players, and run the risk of taking on the Vikings again so soon.

I suppose then the question is do you work hard to beat Detroit on the road, and guarantee that 2 seed and the bye (which I would do)

Or do you rest guys, avoid injury to key players, and run the risk of taking on the Vikings again so soon.
Play to win you want that bye week give guys a extra week off to rest and time to prep. Only way you rest guys is if you are up huge in the 4th then you can pull guys. Otherwise all hands on deck.

Williams was listed as questionable, which usually means they will suit up.

Tomorrow will be the tell for him. If he’s still questionable, he’s likely able to play. If he regresses to doubtful, then he likely sits against DET.

If he sits, I bet they will use Ervin in his place.

Already has a roster spot, and besides, they won't play a guy if he hasn't taken that step to mature as a pro. We saw that with Josh Jones.

Maybe they'll work Vitale in. Vitale is gonna be a secret weapon in the playoffs.

Would be nice if Vitale became someone the opposition had to account for.
Just hasn’t materialized much this year.
AR hasn’t been on the same page with him.

Would be nice if Vitale became someone the opposition had to account for.
Just hasn’t materialized much this year. ...

yeah, we heard a lot about vitale being a weapon before the season started. not much ever came of it.

Back