US Appeals Court upholds Brady 4 game ban

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
So unless Brady tries going to a higher court he will be out the first four games of 2016. But those first four are the Cardinals, Dolphins, Texans, and Bills. So at worst I see the Pats 2-2 at that point with 3-1 being likely.

Emperor Goodell is gonna be pretty intolerable now...

Can't say I'm surprised as this was all about whether Goodell has the power to suspend a player under the CBA. Since the Wells report has now been pretty thoroughly torn to shreds Goodell basically has the power to suspend anyone for anything.

Emperor Goodell is gonna be pretty intolerable now...

Can't say I'm surprised as this was all about whether Goodell has the power to suspend a player under the CBA. Since the Wells report has now been pretty thoroughly torn to shreds Goodell basically has the power to suspend anyone for anything.

Goodell is going to use the power while he has it. Next CBA this will be at top of NFLPA's list of things to change. Owners will be able to get something in return to allow a panel to hear punishment instead of Goodell.

NFLPA, Brady will surely seek a stay of decision, and either appeal to full 2nd Circuit or to Supreme Court

NFLPA, Brady will surely seek a stay of decision, and either appeal to full 2nd Circuit or to Supreme Court

I'm guessing if they continue it will be to full second circuit at this point. Thanks to the do nothing Senate if the SCOTUS splits the previous ruling remains. So I would think they'd go full 2nd first.

Both Kraft and Brady have the $$ to keep this thing going.

Good, they got it right and it should have stood the first time. They cheated, got caught and got punished. They need to move on and serve the suspension.

Goodell is going to use the power while he has it. Next CBA this will be at top of NFLPA's list of things to change. Owners will be able to get something in return to allow a panel to hear punishment instead of Goodell.

Ya, since like I said the Wells report completely fell apart after close scrutiny this was about bargaining for the next CBA. NFL got the courts to say Goodell can be cop and judge. In order for him to give up that power you have to wonder what they will ask in return. Longer season? Expanded playoffs? Reduced liability in health/concussion lawsuits?

Guess we should start asking not how many games NFL loses next CBA fight, but if it will miss the entire season.

Good, they got it right and it should have stood the first time. They cheated, got caught and got punished. They need to move on and serve the suspension.

The ruling today had zero to do with if Brady was innocent or guilty. It was about the power of the commissioner. As too his guilt or innocence I'll refer to the Wells report

Back